What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 295674

Made it to Galveston. Haven't made it to a decent store or the brewery yet. Picked this up at the grocery store. Pretty tasty.

Have fun. Don't spend much time in the polluted and feces filled water. Take your kids to the rainforest cafe and do the ride. If you want pizza, Mario's on 61st. Also hit The Spot on the seawall. Drink at Galveston Island Brewing and Brews brothers. Take your kids to the candy shop on the strand in close proximity to Brews Brothers. I'm sure I'm forgetting much more.

Have fun. Don't spend much time in the polluted and feces filled water. Take your kids to the rainforest cafe and do the ride. If you want pizza, Mario's on 61st. Also hit The Spot on the seawall. Drink at Galveston Island Brewing and Brews brothers. Take your kids to the candy shop on the strand in close proximity to Brews Brothers. I'm sure I'm forgetting much more.

We ate at The Spot tonight, we're doing Original Mexican Cafe tomorrow night, and I think Shrimp & Stuff Wednesday. We're in the water almost the whole time we're here. No cares. We have s Rainforest Cafe in DFW. The candy shops on the list. I'll swing in to Brews Bros. too.

We ate at The Spot tonight, we're doing Original Mexican Cafe tomorrow night, and I think Shrimp & Stuff Wednesday. We're in the water almost the whole time we're here. No cares. We have s Rainforest Cafe in DFW. The candy shops on the list. I'll swing in to Brews Bros. too.

Not sure how long you'll be there, but The Sunflower Cafe and Bakery and Mediterranean Chef(if you like Greek food. Who doesn't?) are worth checking out.
Oh, and you don't have to eat at Rainforest cafe to ride the boat ride. Seems to be a hit with kids. Not sure if yours in DFW has the ride or not. If it does, disregard this.

View attachment 295618
Raspberry jam beer via PianoMan aka MusicMan. A huge raspberry flavor/aroma. Racking 11 gallons of IPA.
View attachment 295619

That stuff mixed with Victory at Sea is crazy good. I used to be very anti mixing beers until I tried this.

On the water. Today has sucked and shows no sign of improvement. Didn't sleep for crap last night so I took some sleep medicine and will clock out shortly I'm hoping

SWMBO asked if you can make any shots with whiskey. Challenge accepted!
1/2 oz whiskey
1/2 oz orange schnapps
1/4 oz blue curaquo
4 drops tobasco
View attachment 295656
For the record- not good!

Whiskey already comes as a shot.

Cherry coke. Catching Iron & Wine at Red Rocks. No photo. Imagine me surrounded by rocks that are red. ;)

The snow eats at least one of my shovels every winter (RiP Snowbane), I feel for ya.

Coffee/crazy-mode

hah, I WISH it were the snow's fault. This is a situation where it was left behind and 3.5 years later it was suddenly taken back. Either way, $30 later and I'll have another. I feel bad that I had to order it, but it truly is the world's greatest shovel and I couldn't get it in store.

How are you feeling? When is the next day off so you can brew?

Protein shake.

Where is @billy-klubb and his 3 am coffee announcement and @remmy with his morning beer? fuqing slackers.

Protein shake.

Where is @billy-klubb and his 3 am coffee announcement and @remmy with his morning beer? fuqing slackers.

My cold is a lot worse today. So, no morning beers.

I'm going to have a Coff on the beach in about 20 minutes after I devour this breakfast.

How are you feeling? When is the next day off so you can brew?

Fine. Trying to find all the temp calculators and stuff now, to see if I remember how to make beer and it will be done this week. Either one of these nights (if it stops raining) or this weekend. Wife has her family coming up for the weekend, so I will be hiding outside anyway. No better time to do it.

Fine. Trying to find all the temp calculators and stuff now, to see if I remember how to make beer and it will be done this week. Either one of these nights (if it stops raining) or this weekend. Wife has her family coming up for the weekend, so I will be hiding outside anyway. No better time to do it.

Yeah right.

You'll wake up at the crack of dawn, and she'll be all "Hey CADJockey, my Dad needs help herflergering the ferder."

"Ok honey."

*4 hours later*

"Hey CADJockey, everyone's car broke down and the hot tub just burst into flames."

"Ok dear. Guess I'll brew some other day."

Oak barrel sour saison. Definitely oaky, probably would have been good to blend with an un oaked version, but I'm still happy with it.
View attachment 295669

Was it was freshly emptied barrel or did you age any beer in that before doing that sour? Thinking about adding a sour stout straight to one of mine when it arrives. I realize the whiskey will be heavy but thinking it might turn out good.

Coffee. Hoping to get Thursday off to catch up on beer stuff.

Was it was freshly emptied barrel or did you age any beer in that before doing that sour? Thinking about adding a sour stout straight to one of mine when it arrives. I realize the whiskey will be heavy but thinking it might turn out good.

See if you can get your hands on the green flash/cellar 3 Flanders drive. Great flanders with a fair amount of oak and whiskey. It was pricy, but done well.

Chai. Brought some baking soda for the office fridge. It is wretched in there. Thinking of sprinkling some around on the counter to listen to the reaction.

See if you can get your hands on the green flash/cellar 3 Flanders drive. Great flanders with a fair amount of oak and whiskey. It was pricy, but done well.

Chai. Brought some baking soda for the office fridge. It is wretched in there. Thinking of sprinkling some around on the counter to listen to the reaction.

You got an extra? :D

Back