What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having my way with the Captains Daughter.

Finally used my new hydroflask growler for beer to get a fill at the brewery - $17 for 64 oz (goes for $7/12 oz at the local bar which is the only place with it on tap!)

KOszvYF.jpg

Wife took the kids for a play date, so I'm enjoying some me time.

2nd vienna/columbus smash trying to figure out what to brew tomorrow using dried yeast.

20150710_171613.jpg

Still drinking the DBC, it is good but I was expecting a little more pronounced coconut. Good beer either way.

Have I mentioned how hot and muggy the south is?

An excellent question...if that had accidently soured, would it taste like pickles?
Lets ask @ThatJonGuy, he apparently knows everything about beer.

I don't know everything about beer, just little bit. Although I couldn't recall the ABV or SRM for a German Weiss beer for my essay; I remembered that the Weiss yeast strain has a POF positive marker which indicates the production of phenols (clove and banana). Hope that makes up for failing to know the basics...lol.

The first time I had Prairie Coolship Truck, I picked up an impression of dill and mixed with the lactic sourness it kind of tasted like pickles.

Congrats on your interview! You deserve it!

Congrats to @TheCADJockey for finally getting his house!

Cheers!

Modified Cooper's Hop Gobbler. I only have 4 bottles left now. It's OK but I won't be making it again. Orfy's recipe next time I want to try something Hobgobin-ish.

For those of you who don't know, Ranger Creek booze 》anything that comes to mind currently. **** that bottle was outstanding @Wesleys

Just a hop stoopid after making a starter, bottling my wheat IPA then washing my 4th gen wlp001, yeast is working like a champ now

I've liked every one in the series more than the last. Started with Amarillo, it was great! Next I tried Galaxy, amazing! This is Citra and has Galaxy beat but just slightly.

2015-07-10 21.38.30.jpg

View attachment 289476

The red shirts are mine. The other two are my nephews, who are stuck with a POS dad until the State of North Carolina gets its head out of its ass. Proven marijuana user with no job gets the kids over a woman who makes 60k a year? Yeah...

What the ****. No way. I don't have much of a moral leg to stand on, but the little but that I do is in regard to parenthood and being a decent father. So....if you need help, I'll supply the lawn darts this time around

Back