What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water.

So little did I know that water damage caused by water flooding into your house below grade level is not covered by insurance. Lovely. I was really hoping to hire someone to make this headache go away, but now I think my back and knees are going to be in for some torture...

Water.

So little did I know that water damage caused by water flooding into your house below grade level is not covered by insurance. Lovely. I was really hoping to hire someone to make this headache go away, but now I think my back and knees are going to be in for some torture...

Sorry to hear man... I'm right there with you. Different water source, different damage, but... water damage nonetheless.

Im with you. I know I will still get all of them, but kinda disappointed they are adding the cinnamon...

Yeah... not sure why they would do that. It's great on it's own, I feel like adding cinnamon will just make it over-the-top dessert beer.

Water.

I feel your pain. Hope it somehow works-out for you.

If it makes you feel any better, (it probably doesn't), being rejected on the last, two interviews feels worse. :D

I need a beer.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435603675.477033.jpg

Water.

Get a sump pump from harbor freight to get it mostly dry. Then some good fans/dehumidifier and maybe a shop vac to save your back/knees. From there hire a few illegal migrant workers at low low prices to do the hard stuff. Sit back and drink beer and supervise.

Get a sump pump from harbor freight to get it mostly dry. Then some good fans/dehumidifier and maybe a shop vac to save your back/knees. From there hire a few illegal migrant workers at low low prices to do the hard stuff. Sit back and drink beer and supervise.

I ripped up the flooring and vacuumed the water yesterday. Air driers have been running for 24 hours now so that part of the headache is over with. The part I didn't want to do was put down new flooring :(

If I would have know this before hand I might have banged on a pipe until it burst ...

Water.

That sucks, man. I'm right there with ya. The whole reason I ripped the kitchen apart was because of water damage from three separate sources. Going through insurance wasn't an option since the deductible is far more than what I'll spend doing it myself. Plus, I hate hiring people to do work for me when I have the ability to do it myself. I'm a cheap ass.
Sorry to hear man... I'm right there with you. Different water source, different damage, but... water damage nonetheless.

What's the deal with all the water damage everyone is experiencing here lately?

If it makes you feel any better, (it probably doesn't), being rejected on the last, two interviews feels worse. :D

Maybe try going to the interview without a beer in your hand? Just a thought.

Am I the only one who thinks that sounds awesome?

Yes. Yes you are. I am hoping its good and it very well may be incredible, but it doesnt sound all that appealing to me.

Today is my Wednesday and Im leaving at 3! Two more days after today and then Colorado until the 10th! :rockin:

I am mere minutes away from leaving work and drinking some of my Summer Blonde and Citra IPA before going to a Gary Clark Jr and Trombone Shorty outdoor concert where there will be Fiddlehead offered at the concession stand. Was that a run on sentence? I think it was... Monday problems, ha

Water.

See, this is the **** I hate. I always wonder and worry about what is covered and what is not. It seems like the most common issues aren't. Bastards.

I need a beer.
View attachment 287537
I hate that for you, man. I wish things would turn around for you.
I ripped up the flooring and vacuumed the water yesterday. Air driers have been running for 24 hours now so that part of the headache is over with. The part I didn't want to do was put down new flooring :(

If I would have know this before hand I might have banged on a pipe until it burst ...
Oddly, I like doing flooring. It is hell on my body and I'm like a gorilla in a shoebox when I'm moving around down there, but once I get my rear in gear and actually start it, I just happen to kind of not hate it.

Water.
Hellish Monday, glad it is nearly over. Mama Hello has had my truck since noon. In other words, this is the first time I've been alone since the 17th of June. If I didn't have to work you can bet I would be laying around in my underwear drinking.

Doctors office, kiddo has a 103° fever. Fun.

Poor baby. Tough times for you guys. I'm sorry.

HAha it also has chocolate and chilies. just skeptical I guess. I hope its great!

Go get a can and dump some cinnamon in your glass. Come on man. For science.

I am mere minutes away from leaving work and drinking some of my Summer Blonde and Citra IPA before going to a Gary Clark Jr and Trombone Shorty outdoor concert where there will be Fiddlehead offered at the concession stand. Was that a run on sentence? I think it was... Monday problems, ha

Pretty jealous right now, Trombone Shorty is one of the best live performers I've ever seen.

Fiddleheads? They sell young ferns at the concession?:p
In other words, this is the first time I've been alone since the 17th of June. If I didn't have to work you can bet I would be laying around in my underwear drinking.

Pictures or it didn't happen, oh wait it didn't! when's mom going home, I feel for ya.
More saison.:D

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Happy House Sales and Happy Traveling to all fellow brew dudes. And best wishes for a job coming your way

Hb IPA.

I need a beer.
View attachment 287537

Sorry to hear - hope it turns around soon.

That sucks, man. I'm right there with ya. The whole reason I ripped the kitchen apart was because of water damage from three separate sources. Going through insurance wasn't an option since the deductible is far more than what I'll spend doing it myself. Plus, I hate hiring people to do work for me when I have the ability to do it myself. I'm a cheap ass.

I'm cheap too - I put down the flooring I just ripped up. Problem is I'm getting too old for this ****.

Oddly, I like doing flooring. It is hell on my body and I'm like a gorilla in a shoebox when I'm moving around down there, but once I get my rear in gear and actually start it, I just happen to kind of not hate it.

I don't mind doing it, just not sure how much wear and tear I can take.

@banesone - hope your kid bounces back quick.

More water before making pizza.

I had the imperial over the weekend and the cinnamon is strong in that one. I'd hold on to it until the holidays, and definitely let it get to cellar temp - wasn't too bad in the end (especially with the 11% kick)

Awesome. Grabbed one they let the peasants buy.

Latest posts

Back