What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there's beer involved, I'm okay. Speaking of which, it's never too early for a pint of home brew.

I'll have a quick pull to that. Going to fly a kite with my kid for the first time in a minute here.

0405050924.jpg

Water and ibuprofen. Majorly threw my back out yesterday, and not even with the brewing. Just moving awkwardly last night. Ouch. Could barely get out of bed this morning.

Water and ibuprofen. Majorly threw my back out yesterday, and not even with the brewing. Just moving awkwardly last night. Ouch. Could barely get out of bed this morning.

49 shades of Qhrumphf. you almost made it.

Coffee while making my Great Grandmother's pancake recipe, doing some crappy pancake art in the pan. Batter is too thick for getting creative.

Went back to normal shapes.

It is snowing here as well.

Another one of these. And closer to figuring out what happened with the last comp I entered- got my sheets for the medal winner, didn't get sheets for the one they panned that shouldn't have been panned- more evidence to my mind that they screwed up my entry.

20150405_120501[1].jpg

@Qhrumphf back pain is tough. I screwed mine up brewing just about 4 weeks ago. Now I'm seeing a chiropractor.

HB fruit squeeze.

@Qhrumphf back pain is tough. I screwed mine up brewing just about 4 weeks ago. Now I'm seeing a chiropractor.

HB fruit squeeze.

Nah, I just strained it. I do it every once in a while. Sad thing is that it wasn't even while brewing, was already done. Just twisted at a weird angle to reach under furniture, and boom. Wish it was something exciting.

An ice pack and taking it easy and it's much better already. Will take a few days to clear up.

But I finally got off my ass and rejoined the gym, so hopefully getting in shape will make this less of a problem. Hah.

Mother f, I'm such an idiot... Got everything out for first brew day of the year, heating strike water, and discovered this.... Luckily I have a second batch milled and ready to go, I guess this is a sign i need to order a grain mill. At least I caught this before I added the strike water!

Well, on to brewing my mosaic pale ale that I hadn't planned on brewing today because of the aforementioned mishap, 30 minutes left in the boil, all was not lost today. Hit my pre boil targets 1.055 w/7.25 gal, did a pint sized yeast starter (American ale 2),and now relaxing with one of these before my last hop addition before whirlpool. God this reminds me how much I miss the smell of boiling wort!

View attachment 1428252665944.jpg

Cleaning some bottles for my bourbon oaked breakfast stout and opened a couple bottles of my Sauvignon Blanc oaked farmhouse.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428256803.723158.jpg
This beer annoys me. I suspected oxidation because after being bottled, the color darkened, it turned cloudy and the yeast sediment in the bottom of the bottle has a grayish color when poured out. The one on the left is refrigerated and the right is room temp. Room temp bottle is crystal clear and tastes pretty good. The refrigerated one is cloudy and not as good. I guess I'll be drinking the rest of these at room temp.
Oh well. tl;dr

Back