What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home at last. Needed a beer for sure - this isn't bad but not their best by a long shot. View attachment 264995

Not a huge fan of pale ales but that is damn good fresh. What sucks is if you dont pull a brew kettle beer out of the case you have no way of knowing. Why can't we have a law that requires beer be stamped with a brew date?

All this kbs talk I'll have one out of 40 :beer::beer::eek:

I'm still trying to figure out how one gets sold that much. I live 30 min from Grand Rapids, I got two bottles this year and other places will only sell 1 four pack at the most. Hmm must b nice knowing one of the owners. Killer.

I'm still trying to figure out how one gets sold that much. I live 30 min from Grand Rapids, I got two bottles this year and other places will only sell 1 four pack at the most. Hmm must b nice knowing one of the owners. Killer.

Yep it is nice next time your in GR we should have a beer or 2!

I was camping on the west side of the state in July last year and there was a store in town that had cases of it still.

All this kbs talk I'll have one out of 40 :beer::beer::eek:

Nice. Interested in trading any?

Not a huge fan of pale ales but that is damn good fresh. What sucks is if you dont pull a brew kettle beer out of the case you have no way of knowing. Why can't we have a law that requires beer be stamped with a brew date?

I picked it up near Wheeling and doubt it is super fresh. But you're right - I hate when they don't date bottles.

My imperial Flanders red, which I finally came with a name for, albeit a kind of cheesy one. It's now the Hour of Sour.

_DSC4161.jpg

Ooooh, that looks good! I am drinking a Rogue Dead Guy Ale, because Yooper's clone recipe is what I am going to do for my second all grain attempt and wanted to refresh my taste bud memories :)

Very good. It's like raspberry syrup. Very fruity, semi sweet. Easy drinking for 9.2%. Got one more im aging

I got one today that I'll cellar as per @Hello and it sounds like you'd recommend it too. At $17.99 I think it'll sit in the basement for a bit.

Almost done with a growler of long trail apa. Forgot the name. Nothing worthwhile.

Good luck lad ... :)

Thanks man. So ended up taking second place. Head brewer said it was too hoppy to reproduce but personally thought it was the winner! I'll take that any day of the week, I was scared they would come back with some bull about water chemistry or carb level. Both things I don't spend much time worrying about. I'm just glad to hear that my beer is on the right track!

Thanks man. So ended up taking second place. Head brewer said it was too hoppy to reproduce but personally thought it was the winner! I'll take that any day of the week, I was scared they would come back with some bull about water chemistry or carb level. Both things I don't spend much time worrying about. I'm just glad to hear that my beer is on the right track!

Congrats!

Latest posts

Back