What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way the heck up there! I thought maybe you were in my neck of the woods, but not so much.

Yeah! why not in NC! I'll be out in Asheville tomorrow for the night.
BK is sick. Berry punch sick...or something.

Coffee. Think I'll run to the pet store right quick.

Snow plow packed my wheel wells with snow and pushed enough underneath the truck that the wheels had zero traction. Had to spend a good twenty mins digging it out again. I'm fixin' to punch the next snow plow right in its stupid plow face. Coffee. Come on 4pm.

@psylocide That's the goblin gobbledygoop I warned you about... hope you got it unclogged man.

Your truck isn't 4wd?

Yeah, definitely a bunch of hop particles in there... thought I was pretty careful about siphoning it, but I was a little inebriated.

I don't think I've had a juicier beer in my life, which is interesting because I only did a 60 min addition for bittering, a 30 min addition, a flameout/hopstand addition and dry hopped with 2.5 oz of Citra/Mosaic/Simcoe.

Crazy the amount of juicy flavor I got out of that, I'm totally rethinking additions from 20 mins to flameout and if they are even necessary for flavoring (in a pale, at least). We'll see how it ages out. But I'm going to explore that more.

Full throttle Blue Agaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Your truck isn't 4wd?

Yeah, definitely a bunch of hop particles in there... thought I was pretty careful about siphoning it, but I was a little inebriated.

Nah. My truck is 17 years old and rear wheel drive, rusting from the inside out. I think this is the last winter before she gets to retire and move back to the country. We've got a fairly warm (30-35 degree's) week coming up, so you can go ahead and mail me that juicy beer.

So did you just wipe / clean it off or did you take the tube out and clean it?

Coff. Halfway through my backlog refinement meeting. This can't be over any faster.

Yeah! why not in NC! I'll be out in Asheville tomorrow for the night.
BK is sick. Berry punch sick...or something.

Coffee. Think I'll run to the pet store right quick.

Too bad it's tomorrow or I would try and get down there to meet up for a beer! Think about checking out Just Brew It at the start of Asheville Beer Week. 50+ homebrewers and 100+ beers.

Nah. My truck is 17 years old and rear wheel drive, rusting from the inside out. I think this is the last winter before she gets to retire and move back to the country. We've got a fairly warm (30-35 degree's) week coming up, so you can go ahead and mail me that juicy beer.

So did you just wipe / clean it off or did you take the tube out and clean it?

I took the tube out, flicked it at my floor drain and a cigarette-sized hop dam came flying out in one piece.

Sprayed it down with Starsan, put it back in. Took about 3 mins if you count depressurizing the keg and all that. Only took about a half second to get the jam out.

Poor BK, he must have punched some bad berries.

Seems that some bad flu crud is going around. Since I refuse to get sick I will be fine. Whiskey helps.

To be relevant. Water.

Poor BK, he must have punched some bad berries.

Seems that some bad flu crud is going around. Since I refuse to get sick I will be fine. Whiskey helps.

To be relevant. Water.

I'll just leave this here in @Billy-Klubb ('s) absence.

johnnycage--article_image.jpg

Coffee while pondering a moral dilemma. Told by my direct supervisor that I should do what one outside sales person wants, no matter if its right or wrong and detrimental to the company or a complete waste of time. Said sales person is better connected then I am. I for one have far too much conviction to just roll over on my work ethic over politics. You pay my check, but this doesn't give you some sort of mystical power over me. So as I sit here and drink my coffee, I wonder if I hit the send button on my resignation letter.
Wonder if I'll just mull this over while on vacation.

Coffee while pondering a moral dilemma. Told by my direct supervisor that I should do what one outside sales person wants, no matter if its right or wrong and detrimental to the company or a complete waste of time. Said sales person is better connected then I am. I for one have far too much conviction to just roll over on my work ethic over politics. You pay my check, but this doesn't give you some sort of mystical power over me. So as I sit here and drink my coffee, I wonder if I hit the send button on my resignation letter.

Dang man, that is tough. Is there anyone else that you could talk with about this issue? Your supervisor may be doing something that upper management does not know about and would disapprove of. I would at least try to work out the issue before leaving.

Dang man, that is tough. Is there anyone else that you could talk with about this issue? Your supervisor may be doing something that upper management does not know about and would disapprove of. I would at least try to work out the issue before leaving.

The sales person is connected with upper management, not my direct supervisor. He was just letting me know that if I don't do exactly what she wants there will be serious implications, something that one of my co-worker knows first hand. Thus the dilemma.

The sales person is connected with upper management, not my direct supervisor. He was just letting me know that if I don't do exactly what she wants there will be serious implications, something that one of my co-worker knows first hand. Thus the dilemma.

Damn. Have you been asked to do questionable things in the past from this sales lady?

I think you're joking about the send button, but in case you're not, don't do it. Take the week to think about it. No need to quit before having something else lined up.

My opinion would be to express your disagreement with the ethically suspect practices in a medium that can be used as evidence and say that for those reasons you wont be doing said activities. Resignation may be extreme, but is always an option. Dont let work make you do something ethically/morally/or legally suspect.

Remember, it is far easier to find a new job while still employed, and not having a paycheck kinda cuts into your brew supplies funding.

Edit: TLDR, Get it in writing. Everything from you not agreeing to compromise your morals to them telling you to do something you dont agree of.

Damn. Have you been asked to do questionable things in the past from this sales lady?

Just in regards to business practices yes. Things that are detrimental to the bottom line as well as what I would be believe would be common sense, business ethics as well as standard practices.

I'm going to take the week to mull it over. But I'm fairly certain I'm done here lol. I won't be party to something like this nor will I change what I believe to be right because somebody else is better connected then I am.
Anybody hiring? lol

My opinion would be to express your disagreement with the ethically suspect practices in a medium that can be used as evidence and say that for those reasons you wont be doing said activities. Resignation may be extreme, but is always an option. Dont let work make you do something ethically/morally/or legally suspect.

Remember, it is far easier to find a new job while still employed, and not having a paycheck kinda cuts into your brew supplies funding.

Edit: TLDR, Get it in writing. Everything from you not agreeing to compromise your morals to them telling you to do something you dont agree of.

This is a great idea. Get everything in writing and refuse to do anything that goes against your ethics. I would also start looking for other work in the meantime. The worst thing they could do is fire you, but at least then you would get a severance package. :D

I'm going to take the week to mull it over. But I'm fairly certain I'm done here lol. I won't be party to something like this nor will I change what I believe to be right because somebody else is better connected then I am.
Anybody hiring? lol

Whats your trade? If you are willing to move to the DC area I may know some openings.

Whats your trade? If you are willing to move to the DC area I may know some openings.

I'm in sales. Specifically lighting. In all honesty, I could easily get in with any competitor for at least a 15% increase over what I make here. I have a very good reputation that they all know about. I should of listened to my wife and jumped ship somewhere a while ago for more money. I just got too comfortable after almost 10 years I guess. Relocating would be difficult with three kids deeply imbedded with their schools lol

This is a great idea. Get everything in writing and refuse to do anything that goes against your ethics. I would also start looking for other work in the meantime. The worst thing they could do is fire you, but at least then you would get a severance package. :D

This. What other sort of consequences could they hit you with?

Some kinda fancy latte while waiting on my grain distributor to open up. I didn't want to like it but dam it's tasty.

Hopefully brewing today if my grain order came in.

IMG_20150227_085954.jpg

Hey, I missed the old days, alright? I even used to wrap meat & cheese sammiches in foil, then toss it on the rear deck of my Pinto back then to bake in the hot sun. Redneck toaster oven! Let it do that while I was in class. Anyway, the oil & salt on the fries gives the soup a nice flavor & uses up left-overs! :ban::rockin:

Hey, I missed the old days, alright? I even used to wrap meat & cheese sammiches in foil, then toss it on the rear deck of my Pinto back then to bake in the hot sun. Redneck toaster oven! Let it do that while I was in class. Anyway, the oil & salt on the fries gives the soup a nice flavor & uses up left-overs! :ban::rockin:

Oddly enough, the thought of combining ramen and fries makes me want to puke. But, I love dipping fries in ice cream. So, who's the real weirdo? :D

Too bad it's tomorrow or I would try and get down there to meet up for a beer! Think about checking out Just Brew It at the start of Asheville Beer Week. 50+ homebrewers and 100+ beers.
I would try. Not too sure since I applied to go to the NHC this year. That would be an expensive few weeks overall.
Coffee. Another fun day ahead of me. SWMBO just was given an opportunity to go to San Diego in may for a conference. Trying to come along with her or at least have her be my beer mule. :D
Push it to the end of the month and parlay it into a vacation, kind of long, and go to NHC!
Think about it, don't hit the send button. Document everything and do as others say, get things in writing if you can. When the issue moves up to management and you have no one else to go to, HR is the place to be. At the very least you can explain that you're put into a position where you feel your work environment will become hostile if you do not do as your told. When there is a threat there, whether it was carried out or not, you have a right to speak to your supervisor. Again, if you cannot, then you should go to HR. Your supervisor knowing about this and not doing anything is putting the company at risk as well. If you quit because of this and decide to take legal action, your company cannot claim they did what they could. Do you have a company manual that goes over things like the ethics policy and harassment?
But getting fired does not usually result in severance packages. Laid off, yeah maybe if the company does that. Mine used to do a great one, now it's down to 2 weeks tops or something like that.

I would try. Not too sure since I applied to go to the NHC this year. That would be an expensive few weeks overall.

Push it to the end of the month and parlay it into a vacation, kind of long, and go to NHC!

Think about it, don't hit the send button. Document everything and do as others say, get things in writing if you can. When the issue moves up to management and you have no one else to go to, HR is the place to be. At the very least you can explain that you're put into a position where you feel your work environment will become hostile if you do not do as your told. When there is a threat there, whether it was carried out or not, you have a right to speak to your supervisor. Again, if you cannot, then you should go to HR. Your supervisor knowing about this and not doing anything is putting the company at risk as well. If you quit because of this and decide to take legal action, your company cannot claim they did what they could. Do you have a company manual that goes over things like the ethics policy and harassment?

But getting fired does not usually result in severance packages. Laid off, yeah maybe if the company does that. Mine used to do a great one, now it's down to 2 weeks tops or something like that.

Agreed, I got fired from a job (not my fault, but whatever) and they always in the time I was there gave 2 weeks pay. Always. For me, I got the other 4 hours of the day, and verbally abused in the lobby.

If you are fired, you do not necessarily get severance, but one option is that you can sue to get your job back. Especially if you have documentation for a wrongful termination suit (kind of depends on your State of employment). Though, that usually ends up with you in a hostile work environment.

Please note, I am not a lawyer, or professional in the field, but it is always best to CYA.

This is proving to be a very, very long Friday. It is taking everything I have to stop myself from going on Amazon and spending all my money out of boredom.

Need more drawings!!

Watersauce.

Almost 300 posts since yesterday? I'm going to assume each post = pic so there better be a bunch of hangovers right now.

Did we ever figure out the fins medical debacle?

Drinking some H 2 the izz OOOOO.

Back