What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havin one of these...not amazing, but okay. A little bitter for an amber.

IMG_20141228_214144517.jpg

And done. Celebration beer.
View attachment 248671

Looks good. I have a shower with the cubby behind it like that one. Did you remember to leave some sort of access so that you can work on the pipes without tearing out that beautiful tile job? I am going to be having to replace the plumbing on my shower soon (drips and they dont sell parts for them anymore) and I have a feeling that it will be hard for me to fit in that little closet area to get at it.

Time to get coffee.

Actually went pretty well! Hit my OG but was 1/2 gal short of target. Shooting for 5 gal got 4.5 need to learn to calculate water better I gather
Man, my first AG was a mess. That is pretty awesome. I still have issues with volumes.
Your stove managed to boil all of that? I'm impressed.
And done. Celebration beer.
View attachment 248671
So pretty. I love that tile.
haha yup, thats me during the week, i try not to drink on school nights and i work 6 days a week. Trying to lose some LBS and it seems to be helping. I really look forward to my sat nights tho haha

coffee.
Well good for you. I'll drink the other days in your honor.

Coffee.

Quaffi...one kid still home with flu, 2 hour weather delay for the other one. I think may rack my Yooper's Oatmeal stout and bottle Saturday. Gingerbread version will be racked and rest another week or two.

Looks good. I have a shower with the cubby behind it like that one. Did you remember to leave some sort of access so that you can work on the pipes without tearing out that beautiful tile job? I am going to be having to replace the plumbing on my shower soon (drips and they dont sell parts for them anymore) and I have a feeling that it will be hard for me to fit in that little closet area to get at it.

Time to get coffee.

Why you gotta bring me down like that lol!!!!! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't leak.

Green tea. With lemon and honey.

Why you gotta bring me down like that lol!!!!! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't leak.

Green tea. With lemon and honey.

Nah you should have several years before you have to worry about it. Just know that if it does start leaking you are going to be cussing out the plumber (always blame the plumber, at least according to my friend the steam fitter) when it is going to need maintenance. I learned the hard way and have been working around mine and just been rigging a fix for now.

Seriously though, it looks great. I am just learning the hard way about making maintenance/upgrades easier on yourself later being worth the effort. I am fixing up my house that my father built in '76 and am finding all sorts of things that just make no sense. Not to mention that with him being a lefty he never did figure out which side to put the hot water.

Water, lots of water. Today is my third Monday of this week. Hopefully there arent any more of them.

coffee and DayQill...

Luckily work has decent starbucks coffee. My last job got the kirkland crap from costco and it was like battery acid...

Those glasses are sick! ISO big time!
Are those Duvel X-Mas glasses? I saw some at the grocery today (4 pack with 1glass) for $15. Tempting.

They're New Belgium glasses. Won them in a raffle at the Dixie Cup. Just looked them up and they are apparently a limited series from 2013.

I tell my 12 year old daughter that I buried a couple of her sister's boyfriends in the back yard because I didn't like their attitudes. And then mention that I wouldn't mind extending the deck...there's room.

LOL.. My daughter and her boyfriend (both 13) we're playing patty-cake on the sofa. I straight faced told him I can kill you and make it look like an accident.
She's 24 now .....and single.

I need to find an all-grain brewing class in town, all these videos stress me out lol...

Or maybe its all the coffee. Having another coffee with my coffee.

I need to find an all-grain brewing class in town, all these videos stress me out lol...

Or maybe its all the coffee. Having another coffee with my coffee.

I know how you feel but it's really not that hard. Make sure you have the right equipment and you're good. Mashing/Doughing-in is easy and learn how to sparge properly so you don't end up with a stuck sparge and everything else is smooth-sailing. So easy that you can drink like a fish on brew day and still conquer it. Trust me. :)

Back