What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB centennial ipa. I started a little early on this keg, it's getting better every day

20141111_185640.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415761739.941088.jpghb session ipa 7.2%abv. Starting to feel smacked or is it tipsy whatever it is yall yankees say when your beyond buzzed but not quite ****face

One of Colorado's best kept secrets.

Trinity brewing, Saison Man.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415762291.612376.jpg
Watching the Blues go into 'prevent' mode and letting buffalo get back in this game.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415762403.193857.jpg

My version of crack. So good. Anyone know if it ages well? Think without the amazing dry hop smack in the face it wouldn't be as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 235400

My version of crack. So good. Anyone know if it ages well? Think without the amazing dry hop smack in the face it wouldn't be as good.

I have a 2013 I threw in the fridge from the cellar a few weeks ago. I am thinking of drinking it soon. New Belgium pasteurizes their sours on the way out of their foeder room before it gets to the clean side.

So no benefit from aging as far as a sourness goes.

View attachment 235400

Still a nice sour, but the hops fade really quick, especially since it's pasteurized. Some dry hopped sours like Cantillon Iris hold the dry hop well.

:( some good looking stuff there. Hope it's all ok.

Left hand milk stout. Waiting for some fried chicken.
View attachment 235384

Hey, How does that compare with the Nitro Milk Stout? I picked up a bottle of Nitro and a bottle of Black Jack Porter today while traveling. I enjoyed the Nitro, but thought maybe I should have aged it awhile...but I just looked at the bottle and it's marked "Best by 3/17/14"...so, no worries! Pre-aged!

Attachments

• DSC06294.jpg
    DSC06294.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 67
Ah. Good to know. Probably won't save any. Let me know how yours is though!

I had a 2013 a couple weeks ago. Still real good, just lost the hoppy nose. Fresh is more like a sour IPA. I loaded up last year since they were $7.99 a bottle and drank one every 1-2 months, seemed like the hops faded after about 4 months. Like I said though, it's still a great brew after time

Left Hand Black Jack Porter...also dated "Best by" sometime this year, but I couldn't make out the month. The color and carb are good...very malty, but not getting roastiness or coffee or bitter. Sweet for a porter, I think. Hops are buried. It tastes good...just odd for the style.

Need to make this my nightcap...tired and 6 a.m. is not going to be fun.

As we close out the day, I want to thank the many veterans among our home brew community for their service and your family members that sacrifice to support you. And your family members that do or have served. My Dad served in WWII, but was lucky to not see action before the war ended. @Nukebrewer, I know you serve, so I raise this glass to salute you and your military brothers and sisters out there. Cheers!

DSC06295.jpg

Left Hand Black Jack Porter...also dated "Best by" sometime this year, but I couldn't make out the month. The color and carb are good...very malty, but not getting roastiness or coffee or bitter. Sweet for a porter, I think. Hops are buried. It tastes good...just odd for the style.

Need to make this my nightcap...tired and 6 a.m. is not going to be fun.

As we close out the day, I want to thank the many veterans among our home brew community for their service and your family members that sacrifice to support you. And your family members that do or have served. My Dad served in WWII, but was lucky to not see action before the war ended. @Nukebrewer, I know you serve, so I raise this glass to salute you and your military brothers and sisters out there. Cheers!

Well done...

View attachment 235400

I had one when it first came out. I thought it was a little to grassy for my tastes. Had another one last week. The hops had faded a little and I liked it better than the first. But that's just my taste.
This tastes like an ice coffee. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415765989.017828.jpg

two mondays in one week? That is just evil. Coffee. Apparently if I have too many coffee beers before bed I wake up midway through feeling completely wired. Who woulda thought?

no pic, so it probably didnt happen. Just imagine a white ceramic mug advertising a boiler company full of steaming hot black coffee fresh from my french press. Zen.

Too scared to drink coffee yet, based on how bad these beer/chili farts smell I'm afraid what will happen once coffee gets in the system. I need to dilute it with some water first.
Imagine a 32oz plastic water bottle filled with clear smooth water

Too scared to drink coffee yet, based on how bad these beer/chili farts smell I'm afraid what will happen once coffee gets in the system. I need to dilute it with some water first.
Imagine a 32oz plastic water bottle filled with clear smooth water

Since you mentioned it. Down a glass of water and hammer a cup of coffee. Yes, the results could be frightful, but you'll push some of that out of you in no time. :D

Water & protein shake...imagine that.

More coffee with some oatmeal and trying to figure out how in the world I'm supposed to stay focused on work today while waiting for UPS to delivery a porch bomb from @BeerMeDuffMan ! :drunk:

Don't think this will get you out of lunch one day. :ban:
I'm refreshing UPS like a fiend. What time do they normally drop off to you?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415801665.231431.jpg
My wife picked this up for me, possibly the worst bourbon ale I have had. But hey I guess bad bourbon ale is better than no beer

Water. No beer for me today, really. Have company coming over and I'm too tired to walk to the fridge a million times.

Don't think this will get you out of lunch one day. :ban:
I'm refreshing UPS like a fiend. What time do they normally drop off to you?

Definitely - after Thanksgiving a long lunch is in order! Unfortunately they can deliver any time between noon and 8pm :( I'm just hoping between the two boxes you sent plus the one big box coming from Amazon that he'll want to clear that space from the truck and show up early!

Back