What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzzy, what were your findings on the FBS and WNB comparison?

Have not done it yet. Dont worry even though Im a Founders homer Ill call it down the middle lol. I love every Terrapin Ive had so far.
Now having Session IPA from Tailgate Brewing. Found it earlier at the grocery store for $3 a sixer. Pretty tasty with Magnum and Cascade.

Some German mineral water I grabbed at Trader Joe's this evening. Tasty and bubbly, but definitely not good brewing water. 1800 ppm bicarbonate, according to the label.

Very nice sour from New Glarus courtesy of LemonJelly (Beer Forum). Lactic and fruity. Gotta love it.

1397009646330.jpg

About to decide on something to drink while I clean up after bottling my first all-grain (BIAB), a pale ale. It should be good, overall. It may wind up a little overcarbed. I forgot to close the spigot on the bottling bucket and didn't catch it until a few beers got away. D'Oh! Rookie mistake...but I'm still a rookie, so....

One last beer. My Düsseldorf Altbier. After picking up keys to my new place, a HUGE and badly needed (although maybe still not enough) win for the Caps, it was a good day. Finishing up some packing and then calling it a night.

Another one...on a Tuesday night?! Um...okay. My HB American Wheat Citra Citrus. Is there drug interaction between alcohol and Afrin nasal spray? Weeeeee! Time for bed.

DSC04518.jpg

Just finished a bottle of Deschutes Mirror Mirror (2014). Very good. Glad I've got more ready to age past its "best after" date.

Anchorage Brewing Co. - Galaxy White IPA. Bottled with Brett (brewed with spices and fruit and aged in French oak wine tanks). Good beer but not as much brett "funk" as expected. (bottled July 13)

1397018530515.jpg

I have work in 6 hours. But I am drinking some more beer and some more booze. I just got back from the Bruins at Wild game. And my team won in a shootout. Awesome game, miss having season tickets but goddamn this was an awesome win.

1397020401216.jpg

About to decide on something to drink while I clean up after bottling my first all-grain (BIAB), a pale ale. It should be good, overall. It may wind up a little overcarbed. I forgot to close the spigot on the bottling bucket and didn't catch it until a few beers got away. D'Oh! Rookie mistake...but I'm still a rookie, so....

If all the priming sugar was already in the bucket at the time, each beer should still get the same amount of sugar, hence no overcarbing.

If all the priming sugar was already in the bucket at the time, each beer should still get the same amount of sugar, hence no overcarbing.

Make sure you know how much beer you are bottling. If you add enough sugar for 5 gals but only get 4 gals. They will be over carbed. When I bottled my sour stout. I tried adding sugar per bottle. We will see how that works when i open one :D

Man! I got one measly bottle of KBS. I was pretty annoyed only because the guys before me and after me were handed 2. I was told last case = 1 bottle and somehow, 3 dudes behind me were sold 2.

Coffee, a lot of it. I am drinking way too much coffee.

You should of pointed to a random guy across the store saying that he is your husband and get two :D

Man! I got one measly bottle of KBS. I was pretty annoyed only because the guys before me and after me were handed 2. I was told last case = 1 bottle and somehow, 3 dudes behind me were sold 2.

Coffee, a lot of it. I am drinking way too much coffee.

No reputable shop would have done that, that's bs. Did you talk to the manager?

Drinking water.

You should of pointed to a random guy across the store saying that he is your husband and get two :D
It does not work that way. You must be present and a member of the beer club. That is, you get a stupid e-mail and then like a herd of cows you must run there. If you're a member there are't any benefits except an e-mail and the possibility of maybe getting a single bottle of beer. I was at the shop 13 minutes after they announced BCBS and they were out.

I won't run there again for beer. Not like this. I am not a customer they care about, there are 1000 more like me. My $80-$100 a week will be spent at a smaller shop owned by a family I actually like. My loss but at least I won't have to feel like they're inconsistent and favoring others.
No reputable shop would have done that, that's bs. Did you talk to the manager?

Drinking water.

Yes. He was the manager. In fact, they have been inconsistent before. When Blackout stout was released I was told it was 1 bottle per. I showed them the e-mail that said 2 and they said they had to reduce it. Then I found out it was never reduced. They're not the only game in town. Triangle Wine doesn't need me and frankly, I will save money by not shopping there as frequently if at all.

In the end it is just beer. Besides, like BCBS, I will likely give some away if I get more. I much prefer to get limited releases and share them with others.
coldcrash, sorry for the ramble bud.

More Coff.

What Hello just posted is exactly what I hate about the beer scene.

More Coff.

What Hello just posted is exactly what I hate about the beer scene.

Agreed. I said I would never run after beer but I literally was leaving out the door anyway when I got the email and figured I'd try. I just didn't think it would be what it was. It reinforces my thoughts and just means I won't do it again.

Agreed. I said I would never run after beer but I literally was leaving out the door anyway when I got the email and figured I'd try. I just didn't think it would be what it was. It reinforces my thoughts and just means I won't do it again.

Good for you. It's just beer. I chased down BCBS. Got 12 of them and then traded/gave away half of what I got.

I think I have 4 left in the closet. If I get any KBS, I'll do the same.

Latest posts

Back