What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last bottle of my Mango Cayenne Short Mead.

I don't feel like reading a few extra pages, nor was I paying attention during Math Monday or whatever the f*** was going on, but all I know is for some reason I thought it was a good idea to make my alarm clock require me to do math problems to shut it off. And it's the bane of my morning. Every morning.

I gota clean the Hunahpu's off my glass with some HB Conan pale.

ForumRunner_20140107_214045.png

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Id stop going to that bottle shop. Id tell them why they could go f##k themselves before Id ever buy a beer there on my way out too.
Edit: and if for some retarded reason that's the going price just another reason DFH can go in a corner and die with their sh#$y beer. :D

Haha i agree that dogfishhead is ridiculously expensive. This shop is generally fairly comparable price wise to any of the other places i go to. In NYC the prices suck in general but for a small local shop they are generally a match or .50¢-$1 more than the bowery whole foods in manhattan. So they are fairly justified in the prices they charge most times. I think anyway. I see some beers which ive read and have seen nothing but good things about but the prices on them seem outrageous!

I see reviewers include it every once in a while, but i think more people should include the price they paid for the beer they are critiquing on BA. While i know prices vary by location. It could still provide a good average or rule of thumb to go on.

Haha i agree that dogfishhead is ridiculously expensive. This shop is generally fairly comparable price wise to any of the other places i go to. In NYC the prices suck in general but for a small local shop they are generally a match or .50¢-$1 more than the bowery whole foods in manhattan. So they are fairly justified in the prices they charge most times. I think anyway. I see some beers which ive read and have seen nothing but good things about but the prices on them seem outrageous!

I see reviewers include it every once in a while, but i think more people should include the price they paid for the beer they are critiquing on BA. While i know prices vary by location. It could still provide a good average or rule of thumb to go on.

Dave: if you're ever over the Tappan Zee bridge, check out "Cable Beverage". They're about 15 mins over the Tap, great selection, reasonable price and very knowledgeable.

It's about 10 mins from where I work and I spend 1/2 my paycheck there from time to time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Drinking some hot Russian Tea (unsweetened instant tea, tang, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg) thinking about my grandma that used to make it all the time. Would probably be pretty awesome with some Sailor Jerry added

Moved on to a bottle of KVASS I brewed back in Feb 2013. It's about 8%. Flat but not bad. I remember burning the bread, smoke alarms going off, pitching the yeast and thinking "no way this will taste good" but hey, it tastes good. Looked like a light colored Guinness.

Ok, what's up with all the doubled pics lately? Is this Yet Another Hip Trend That I Was Not Aware Of?

Aaaaanyway...tonight, the answer to the question is "Hot Chocolate".

Cheers!

I had to buy it....32oz of double ipa, at my local costco for 6.50..price good, beer sucks...never been a fan of mission.
Wishing sculpin was in a 40oz..

ForumRunner_20140107_193106.jpg

Ok, what's up with all the doubled pics lately? Is this Yet Another Hip Trend That I Was Not Aware Of?

Aaaaanyway...tonight, the answer to the question is "Hot Chocolate".

Cheers!

Mobile app. I think hitting the attach inline button makes it work. Anti gravity pictures and double attaches. Mobile app loves us

Drinking some hot Russian Tea (unsweetened instant tea, tang, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg) thinking about my grandma that used to make it all the time. Would probably be pretty awesome with some Sailor Jerry added

It amazes me how many people are unaware of the Sailor Jerry awesomeness. Flavor is great and it packs a punch. If not homebrew then surely SJ is in the glass.

D

Gravity samples from my IPA and my saison (1.015 and 1.004 respectively, 75% and 94% AA).

Remmy: did you reach your destination or are you still riding the Night Train? Maybe fell asleep on the tracks? :)

Naw, man. I got off the night train earlier this afternoon. I drank a home brew (2nd beer of the day) and drank about 6-7 ounces of night train from the bottle. I gotta stop this. I had another beer right after that and had a mild headache about an hour and a half later.

jak1010 said:
Dave: if you're ever over the Tappan Zee bridge, check out "Cable Beverage". They're about 15 mins over the Tap, great selection, reasonable price and very knowledgeable.

It's about 10 mins from where I work and I spend 1/2 my paycheck there from time to time.

Cool man thanks i will make a point of it to check it out next time im heading north out of town.

Now onto a late night treat, Gabes Brett Saison. Wow this is fu#%in great man! Perfect funkiness, nice tart middle and dry finish. Maybe a touch thin? But commercial grade easy. This gonna be yearly special release when you open?

1389164262471.jpg

Now onto Griffin Claw El Rojo. Nothing to do tomorrow so the fiancee and I are having a nice brewski session. Shes having a Shiner Prickly Pear.

1389169108626.jpg

Sorry. Big fingers, little keys! Drinking anything from Stone Brewery lately. Brewing an original recipe porter. Nothing fancy, just a good dark beer to get me through winter. Cheers!

Sent from my N8000_USA_Cricket using Home Brew mobile app

Now onto a late night treat, Gabes Brett Saison. Wow this is fu#%in great man! Perfect funkiness, nice tart middle and dry finish. Maybe a touch thin? But commercial grade easy. This gonna be yearly special release when you open?

Thanks, but I don't deserve much credit, It's age and brett that made that beer good. It was weird when it was fresh.

Coffee here. Got my beans!

Latest posts

Back