What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn. Figured I'd treat myself with this and a Marvel movie since swmbo is out.

ForumRunner_20131121_194642.jpg

I just had a small glass of czar at our last tasting, nov 2012 too. I was never really a fan of it just because IMAO to much heat alcohol wasn't masked as well as some other Russian imperials. But by all means a very good drink! Let me know what u think.

Speaking of... wow, I think this got worse after a year of aging. I becoming less and less impressed with Avery these days.

ForumRunner_20131121_185113.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131121_184851.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131121_184851.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 69
Having Cobains Black DIPA, 110 IBUs, crazy how balanced and smooth it is. Shes havin a short pour of Java Brown @ Walldorff. No bs I give this place another year or so before they start blowing up on the Michigan scene.

ForumRunner_20131121_205511.jpg

finsfan said:
How about the new born! they need to get acclimated soon right :D

Baby in the backpack, duh

finsfan said:
Haha make sure to keep those tags on. I do love me some burton tho, I got a 154 burton bullet (even though im 6'1'') with burton custom top cap bindings and ride duece boots. Man you are gonna eat snow a lot the first couple days :ban:

I made the switch to snowboarding three years ago and it was tough. Especially when a four year old would fly past you and go off a ramp. Glad I did though, so much fun

finsfan said:
Haha make sure to keep those tags on. I do love me some burton tho, I got a 154 burton bullet (even though im 6'1'') with burton custom top cap bindings and ride duece boots. Man you are gonna eat snow a lot the first couple days :ban:
Yeah yeah! I leased a board this year maybe next year I'll buy one! My board, boots and bindings are all burton though! For a burton jacket, pants and Oakley crowbars, I paid less than 400$

image-2158300139.jpg

That does get me everytime, seeing someone who is 15 years younger than me showing me up. Never skied before tho but I dont Think I ever will. I love boarding too much!

On to desert with a vanilla buffalo sweat! I wish all the beers in my fridge were this :D

As much as it sucks to get old always remember, you have been their age but they have never been yours.
Having another Vert, this stuff is a pain but it is good.

IMG_0813.jpg

BrewYoke said:
Centenial ipa. Previously a ruination. Previously a glass of some random cab Sauvignon. Previously my first bottle of s Pliny the Elder clone (green and not totally carbed, but.........damn!). Eff it - it's Wednesday ;-)

Plot twist

It's Thursday.

Interested, recipe for the noodles please. Finishing up the Vert.

Super easy (well, my wife is gluten "sensitive" so we have all this stuff anyway).

Use a steamer. Make batter, brush cake pan (or similar) w/ oil, pour in thin layer of batter, steam for 8~ mins, repeat. Cut noodles to size preference and stir fry, add to soup, etc.

1/2 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup potato starch
2/3 cup of wheat flour
1/2 tsp finely ground salt
1 2/3 cup water

Yeah yeah! I leased a board this year maybe next year I'll buy one! My board, boots and bindings are all burton though! For a burton jacket, pants and Oakley crowbars, I paid less than 400$

Thats not too bad, have you been on the-house.com? I realize why they call it the house, i live there!

Haven't had beer recently (isn't that sad?), but my last brew was a six pack of Sam Adams Lattitude 48 IPA. Pretty damned good, if not spectacular.

finsfan said:
Thats not too bad, have you been on the-house.com? I realize why they call it the house, i live there!
I sure have almost bought some gear from there, but my paranoia of buying clothing online always gets to me!

Super easy (well, my wife is gluten "sensitive" so we have all this stuff anyway).

Use a steamer. Make batter, brush cake pan (or similar) w/ oil, pour in thin layer of batter, steam for 8~ mins, repeat. Cut noodles to size preference and stir fry, add to soup, etc.

1/2 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup potato starch
2/3 cup of wheat flour
1/2 tsp finely ground salt
1 2/3 cup water

Thanks, Love rice noodles but have never even thought of making them, I have to look for the starch, I think my store will have it as they have a good selection but I have never needed them.

Back home having a Shorts Evil Urges and showing off one of the treats I brought home from the Walldorff brewpub Bourbon Barrel Aged Cobains Black DIPA aged one year in Woodford Reserve barrels (14% 110 ibu). These will be joining my New Years lineup.

ForumRunner_20131121_220823.jpg

Ugh just kicked the 3 gallons of Denny's vanilla porter , looked like I need to stick the ones I bottled that I Oaked in the fridge !

image-2854173477.jpg

Manzanita Brew Co. - Chaotic Double India Pale Ale. Smells of ripe pineapple, and mango, pine. Nice and dry finish, with a bit of hop resin.

Back