What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2nd try of maine beer cos brews. Mean old tom. One of two bottles i bought a few months ago. This beer has either stayed the same or aged extremely well because this thing is good! I am a big fan lf vanilla infused beers.

Breckenridge' vanilla porter being one of my faves. This is right up there with it being more roasty and maybe a little more dry due to it being a stout. Good stuff!

image-2840859131.jpg

Drinking The Truth from Flying Dog, pretty damn good, waiting on my wife's homemade(not from a box) brownies to come out of the oven then cracking a Ten Fidy to go with it.

Billy-Klubb said:
isn't that what NUZZLE is always saying to Remmy? :eek:

Hahahahah!

image-2416125917.jpg

Life of the mind batch 2. Pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

Nukes frozen hose stout. Wasnt sure what to expect going into it as i didnt know what kind of stout it was. Pours pitch black with very little head into the glass. Has a great roasty and toffee like aroma that stayed consistent throughout the whole drink. The flavor is very roasty, dry and clean. Im guessing this is a dry stout as im not picking up any residual sweetness that might come from some lactose.

If there is one thing ive noticed from nukes brew is that his fermentation technique is down pat. Always clean, producing some extremely easy drinking beers whether 10.5% or 5%. This stout is no exception. I really enjoy how it focuses on one direction with not too much going on.

Nice roasted flavor with an extremely clean finish. Another solid brew from our friend Nuke!

Thanks, man, glad you enjoyed it. You're right. I didn't add any lactose and fermented it out dry (for a stout). It's an American stout so I wanted to bring out the hop character a bit, that's why it dry and clean from the US-05 I used to ferment it.

Last time my buddy was down there he said the head brewer was dumber then a box of rocks and didn't know beer from water, said all the beers were horrible. But that was last year and from what I heard they change brewers about ever 3 months because they can't find a good one. Post up how it is this time

I have to say the two I had (APA & stout) were not very good. Little flavor and a very watery body. Maybe the next brewer will fix things. ;)

Beautiful yard! Never been able to keep up with myself but heck my weeds are green:D

Thanks, I haven't been as diligent with it the last couple of years, but I do like puttering around outside.

A smarter person would have opened this over the sink, but it wasn't too bad with the extra glasses. Checking my brew log before opening would have confirmed the sink as the best option. Bottled at 1.006 which was about 4 points higher than saison Brett blend had been finishing and primed to 3.5 volumes. Still fun to open a magnum for my wife's bday!

Yeah - but that kind of surprise makes things fun! Please wish her a happy birthday! :mug:

Helped my parents moved into their beautiful new house pictured below... Place has a wrap around pond and a in ground pool

Also has a in ground wine cellar with random bottles and a whiskey barrel- also had this jug of mystery liquid that smells like black velvet

Currently i am starting at this jug debating on whether to try it or not....

Awesome place and cellar! I do hope you know you need to drink that and report back ;)

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies And I'm not proud of my address, In the torn-up town, no post code envy.

But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room, We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams. But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your time piece. Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash. We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair.

I'm at a local sports bar, watching people order bud light, and the bar minder is clearly pulling from a Miller lite tap, he sees me watching him as I sit here with my Guinness, he winks and says to me "they can't tell the difference I find it hilarious" nice guy haha

a very under carbed ABW I brewed in '11 and aged with port soaked oak chips. bottled in June of last year. the taste is finally starting to come together, but I think I need to re-yeast. this is gonna be a pain.

Too busy eating to take a pic. Thai style sea bass tacos and my saison brett that Mark posted earlier. Thanks for opening this one today Mark. Going great with dinner.

Evil twin molotov cocktail. Holy dankness batman! 13% abv and a ton of hop wallop in this imperial IPA. Digging it after a palate cleanse because of the stouts i was downing.

Latest posts

Back