What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking on this Tyzippers sponsored brewski.. It is a great Belgian to start the night off with. Thanks again!

:mug:

image-1442992796.jpg

TNGabe said:
If you get some Wolfman, let me know. Tallboys of Berliner Weisse are my dream beer.

Wlp645 porter. I can't tell if there is huge bottle variance on this one or if I just like it sometimes and not others. I've got a big ol jar of slurry from this beer that's been sitting 6 months now. I think it's time to dump it.

I will keeps my eyes peeled for sure. It does sound like a rare bird though. Hopefully they will get past that 2 can limit, although I think they are still a 4-5bbl brewery, it's a tiny place. I will be going there for sure the next time I head over that way.

FermentNEthinG said:
Drinking on this Tyzippers sponsored brewski.. It is a great Belgian to start the night off with. Thanks again!

:mug:

My pleasure! I did tell you that those Ithaca brews were fooking awesome, didn't I? If bit, consider yourself told!!

Black honey Belgian I brewed about a year ago.

It was rank then and it's only a little better now. Bitterness is overly harsh, and it's too solventy. It's a shame because it has a nice flowery honey aroma and good roastiness.

Probably going to chuck it down the drain and drink something else.

ForumRunner_20130906_235103.jpg

I will keeps my eyes peeled for sure. It does sound like a rare bird though. Hopefully they will get past that 2 can limit, although I think they are still a 4-5bbl brewery, it's a tiny place. I will be going there for sure the next time I head over that way.

Oh, it's a 2 can limit? I saw the post of FB, thought they meant 2 4packs. :(

I already am. I made a few dips and some bread to take since there is never food or at least not enough food and always too much beer with this sort of crowd. My wife is making a sign for my little snack table

FT: snackz
ISO: #walez brah

Anyone who doesn't think it's funny, I know I don't want to talk to.I'll be taking lots of pictures and I'm sure posting here all morning or until my phone dies.

That is a great brewery name. Latest Zymurgy has an article on nanos and micros in London.

I read their "stipulations" for waiting on line for Sexual Chocolate. Sounds like its gonna be a fun time. How freakin cool is that they provide security and skido cans

We'll call this one research for my RIS. Anyone know if they used smoked grains in this? I'm tasting big smoke but the lady friend can't get past the chocolate (go figure).

5HzME1r.jpg

TNGabe said:
Oh, it's a 2 can limit? I saw the post of FB, thought they meant 2 4packs. :(

From what I heard, 2 cans $5 each. There is a ton of new breweries popping up in the Tampa area, mostly guys from CCB. Luckily almost all of them are going the funky/sour route. It seems like every few months CCB is promoting another former brewer of theirs opening a new place.

Also, CCB said they are bottling a sour version of Guava Grove, I can't wait to get my hands on some of that!

Edit:

image-3953272454.jpg

Drinking Terrapin Monk's Revenge.

Channel66 said:
June '13 it's just a baby. Very tart and funky nose, but not much else going on. Hot alcohol, a touch of tart, then sweetness.

I'll send you a June '12 to compare. It's not tart at all.

A Blonde Ale... made with pilsner malt and wheat. It came in just under 7% ABV. Definate heat in this one. Pretty good beer, but it really should age a bit. Probably won't... but should. I might have to pop open another one... Being that it is Friday and all.

The sample taste tests were very alcohol forward. It has mellowed a bit and I'm picking up the wheat now.

Brewed 7/13... OG 1.068, FG 1.009.... so it's fairly dry. Dry hopped with Hallertau so I'm picking up a good bit of hop flavor. I'd give it a 7 on a scale from 1-10.

Big ol' glass of Oatmeal Stout.

Question for y'all. I think I'm going to pick up something special for myself for Monday. Will be 6 months since I quit smoking, the furthest I've made it before. Don't want to pull something out of my stash (maybe after a year smoke free I will though), but not sure what to go for. Recommendations?

20130906_195559[1].jpg

Question for y'all. I think I'm going to pick up something special for myself for Monday. Will be 6 months since I quit smoking, the furthest I've made it before. Don't want to pull something out of my stash (maybe after a year smoke free I will though), but not sure what to go for. Recommendations?

I believe 6 months is the Dubbel anniversary.

For the first time since I started this hobby, I can say that I'm enjoying one of my very first brews. A blonde ale, I so unwittingly titled, Airhead! Cheers!

New Belgium's Pumpkick... pretty tasty! The cranberry doesn't drown overwhelm the pumpkin.

Great Lakes Oktoberfest... damn good! Malty and delicious. Nice criso finish, not sweet. Exellent brew.

Is that a crisco finish or a crisp finish? Wouldn't care for the former, unless it was a fried chicken beer.;-)

Hey, congrats, man! I'm at 7 weeks to the day today. I don't have a recommendation for you, sorry, because for me that would be a spur of the moment type decision for me. Best I can recommend is to get that beer you keep seeing in the shop that you really want but keep passing on because it's too expensive... or whatever your reason for passing on it is.

Back