What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one getting this, or the only one posting it? Awesome beer!

Closest place to me with it is 8 hours away. Haven't had it in awhile.it is tasty though.

I'm watching the love of beer on Hulu, watching hops go from harvest to processed and pelleted, freaking cool

View attachment 133599

Am I the only one getting this, or the only one posting it? Awesome beer!

I had it on draft last weekend. Dry hopped with Triskel. Really solid beer.

Think your recipe looks good, too. Maybe a little heavy on the pepper, but the hop schedule looks nice and amount is subtle. I'd use more, but I like really hoppy saisons and I'm a nelson fiend.

Closest place to me with it is 8 hours away. Haven't had it in awhile.it is tasty though.

I'm watching the love of beer on Hulu, watching hops go from harvest to processed and pelleted, freaking cool

You can't get Dupont there at all or just the dry hopped?

image-3915632776.jpg

TNGabe said:
I had it on draft last weekend. Dry hopped with Triskel. Really solid beer.

Think your recipe looks good, too. Maybe a little heavy on the pepper, but the hop schedule looks nice and amount is subtle. I'd use more, but I like really hoppy saisons and I'm a nelson fiend.

Yeah, my only concerns were the FWH and the hop stand. Nelson can be a bit over powering at times, but I love it. I screwed the mash temp somehow, aiming for 150, mashed at 155, so i let it go for 90 minutes, only dropped 1 degree (thanks to 96 degree outside air, I'm sure). Hopefully the high ferm temp will help dry it out. I've never had a hoppy saison, hopefully this turns out ok.

Channel66 said:
Not at all from what I can tell from searching

The only regular DuPont I get down here tastes like Heineken, super-skunked. My local liquor loaded up on the dry hopped, I'm assuming the regular version tastes similar, un-skunked.

image-3208489425.jpg

HB Coffee Brown v2. Pulling the tap handle on this is like lighting a cherry bomb with a short fuse, it could blow at any time. I will definitely be adding a half pound of cold steeped coffee to my sweet stout next week.

Just so you know LoloMT7 my wife loves Bitter Root Huckleberry Honey so open trades now!! She wants a couple bottles of that and we can work with the rest !

DCHokie's Saison, bottled 10-7-12.

Brett bottled, with a nice, subtle Thai basil addition. Awesome aroma, obviously brilliant clarity from the time and Brett. Very tasty saison. Thanks Ryan!

Great to hear, i like the 3726 strain in that one, my go to saison yeast now. Glad you enjoyed it! Cheers

The cow earlier while heat strike water for my quick and dirty berliner weisse..glad I have a restaurant in hudson now so I have a reason to be over there..Casanova liquor has an awesome selection...bruery, green flash, lots of stuff I can't get in minny

Later, my hb Java Stout....Swmbo's dubbel tomorrow

IMG-20130706-00524.jpg

IMG-20130706-00526.jpg

It's not a good thing when i fill last years mug up to the top of the kegerator and go up and down the river while the Grateful Dead is on.

image-814411568.jpg

I'm having a devils ale while unwinding from hanging in the pool and smoking meat all day. My all time favorite APA

ForumRunner_20130706_212801.jpg

ForumRunner_20130706_212835.jpg

ForumRunner_20130706_212902.jpg

Spent the evening drinking crappy beer at the Pittsburgh Rockbottom Brewery. Didn't matter though because hangin with my bro was the whole point! I'd drink a million crappy beers if that meant I could hang with my lil bro! Their Kölsch was pretty good though. I actually really enjoyed it!

Back