What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now having a Brewdog IPA is dead! Goldings single hop.

Also picked up a couple of furiously expensive cans of G'Knight to take home with me - never seen it on sale in the UK so it was too tempting to pass up despite the £7 (~11$) per can price tag.......

ForumRunner_20130615_151826.png

Now... Starbucks iced coffee.
Last night....went to a local beer bar and had a cask Sculpin dry hopped with Zythos and cascade , Ghandi-bot, Hopback Amber, samples of Firestone Walker DBA, some other ESB on Nitro, Southern Tier Plum Noir, Stone Espresso Imp. Stout, Emelisse White Label RIS, and to end the night a 4oz sample of Petrus Oud Bruin. What a night!

Sounds interesting,barrel aged punkin ale? I took an FG sample on my PM Berlin Wheat just now,& it's a solid 1.010 after 2 weeks,6 days in primary as of today. Gunna go ahead & bottle it. Not too sweat or tart. That WY3056 is an interesting yeast. With a OG1.050,that's 5.86% by Cooper's formula of (OG-FG)/7.46 + .5 = ABV%. Def got a nice lil buzz off the hydrometer sample.

image-3237916372.jpg

Humidor Series Smoked Vienna Lager
Humidor Series Double Black American Ale (11%)
Tony Jannus Pale Ale
Cubano Espresso

For the record, I hate you today AllenH.

To begin my day, I decided to make Belgian Waffles. No eggs. Chit. Go to store, get eggs. Come home and start making the batter. No vanilla extract. CHIT! Oh well. They're getting made without vanilla. Start beating my egg whites. An hour and tendonitis later, I finally have stiff peaks. My cat bites my 6 year old. Fook me. After I kill the cat and take care of my crying little girl, back to my eggs...they're liquid again. FOOK ME! Find a half drank bottle of HB Milk Chocolate Stout from last night. I'm not wasting it!! So, the waffles turn out decent, I had beer with my breakfast and now that the kitchen is clean, I'm going to mash in a Vanilla Porter and later, if I'm up to it, Beer Cheese Bread!

tyzippers said:
For the record, I hate you today AllenH.

To begin my day, I decided to make Belgian Waffles. No eggs. Chit. Go to store, get eggs. Come home and start making the batter. No vanilla extract. CHIT! Oh well. They're getting made without vanilla. Start beating my egg whites. An hour and tendonitis later, I finally have stiff peaks. My cat bites my 6 year old. Fook me. After I kill the cat and take care of my crying little girl, back to my eggs...they're liquid again. FOOK ME! Find a half drank bottle of HB Milk Chocolate Stout from last night. I'm not wasting it!! So, the waffles turn out decent, I had beer with my breakfast and now that the kitchen is clean, I'm going to mash in a Vanilla Porter and later, if I'm up to it, Beer Cheese Bread!

Get ready to hate me more....

first off, you're missing a comma. therefor changing the meaning of your sentence. I'll let it go because I'm a nice guy and you've been sampling. which brings me to my next point: I floccing hate you. I want to double punch your kidneys & and pillage your loot.

Billy-Klubb said:
first off, you're missing a comma. therefor changing the meaning of your sentence. I'll let it go because I'm a nice guy and you've been sampling. which brings me to my next point: I floccing hate you. I want to double punch your kidneys & and pillage your loot.

Ok, I added the comma. But, you can hate bitches if you want.

Swarley88 said:
I'm not ashamed to say I am quite jealous of Allen's Saturday.

It is my birthday today, I am lucky enough to have a good friend that works for another brewery (Sweetwater), that was able to pull some strings to get me a "golden ticket". Awesome birthday.

image-1022789931.jpg

Incase you missed what we are talking about.

It is my birthday today, I am lucky enough to have a good friend that works for another brewery (Sweetwater), that was able to pull some strings to get me a "golden ticket". Awesome birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Brother I would tell you to enjoy your day but it looks like you are doing just fine :)

NIZZLE said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Brother I would tell you to enjoy your day but it looks like you are doing just fine :)

Thank you much! Also, I see a lot of you coming to Orlando to go to Disney, make sure you take the time to head over to Tampa (about an hour) and do the brewer tour. It cost $5 and you get a free pint glass and a free beer. Plus, they will fill your glass from whatever happens to be finished fermenting on the tour. They do allow children to go on the tour.
Plus this...

image-2872586361.jpg

Nice scores! Having a plain lemon Skeeter Pee heating my strike water

ForumRunner_20130615_142041.jpg

Thank you much! Also, I see a lot of you coming to Orlando to go to Disney, make sure you take the time to head over to Tampa (about an hour) and do the brewer tour. It cost $5 and you get a free pint glass and a free beer. Plus, they will fill your glass from whatever happens to be finished fermenting on the tour. They do allow children to go on the tour.
Plus this...

Thanks for the heads up I am planning on taking my family to disney someday and I will definitely have to hit up cigar city

Happy birthday dude! :mug:

On a siode note, I just realized I have an old band mate that lives in Tama!!! Holy Chit! I can't believe I never put this together earlier!!:ban:

2011 Brooklyn Black Ops. Sharing a bottle with a buddy of mine who is moving soon and wanted to share it with someone who would appreciate it, and f-in' A do I appreciate it. Great bourbon character, kind of boozy in a good way and very smooth, not really roasty at all. Great beer.

20130615_142750.jpg

View attachment 128754

Happy Birthday Allen and congrats on the awesome haul!

Latest posts

Back