What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually got my gf to try this Jose Marti from CCB

image-1085056111.jpg

allenH said:
Awesome! Do they still have the Nitro Whiskey stout? They make awesome imperial stouts, just wondering how they do on a small stout.

I did try the nitro whiskey. It tasted like a watered down coffee and I liked it a lot.

Whew! I'm doin fiiine up here,on cloud 9! After a milestone discussion on better bottles cracking in another thread I started today,I went to aldi's for the Libby's glasses From another thread today. I got some Monteray Cervesa That is,of course,mildly skunked. I added some cheap vodka to it to make my aching joints feel good enough to report my findings between me & the brewer from Black Box Brewing co,my lhbs. See my thread about cracking better bottles for the low low.

MrNickVT said:
I did try the nitro whiskey. It tasted like a watered down coffee and I liked it a lot.

Hopefully they have some left in a couple of weeks when I'm there!

MrNickVT said:

Did you try the Peach Cobbler Brown? You have to try anything wood aged there. That will surely be gone by the time I get there.

*edit- ooh, or the Hornswoggled Nitro Irish red?
Man, I have to quit living vicariously through you!

My swmbo is issuing me and apparently you guys a challenge. She has brewed with me for some time, recently started doing a few batches on her own

I was in the lab earlier and received this text.

"Just poured the first pull off my cream ale, easily the clearest beer I have made to date, as a matter of fact it's clearer than anything I've seen you brew or show me on that site of yours. Btw. The tomato plants need water."

I just got to the house and poured one for myself.

20130605_164505_HDR_Ingrid.jpg

20130605_164436_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

I have to admit that's pretty solid. She doesn't know what finings are, and I don't own a filtering setup so I am pretty impressed. But let's see those crystal clear beers.

Channel66 said:
My swmbo is issuing me and apparently you guys a challenge. She has brewed with me for some time, recently started doing a few batches on her own

"Just poured the first pull off my cream ale, easily the clearest beer I have made to date, as a matter of fact it's clearer than anything I've seen you brew or show me on that site of yours. Btw. The tomato plants need water."

I have to admit that's pretty solid. She doesn't know what finings are, and I don't own a filtering setup so I am pretty impressed. But let's see those crystal clear beers.

Challenge accepted!

image-4153540030.jpg

My Coffee Oatmeal Brown, it's been on gas for +/-4 weeks, no finings at all. Look, you can read that mag right through it!

allenH said:
Did you try the Peach Cobbler Brown? You have to try anything wood aged there. That will surely be gone by the time I get there.

*edit- ooh, or the Hornswoggled Nitro Irish red?
Man, I have to quit living vicariously through you!

They didn't have the peach cobbler on their list. Maybe I was just looking at their yellow flight list and didn't see it. I tried granola though lol

My Bloody Beer cleared really well for having actual tomato puree in it

ForumRunner_20130605_173425.jpg

Channel66 said:
You win. I Bow down to our evil overlord.

Haha, sorry man, this is as clear as it gets for me

image-2371279142.jpg

3.5oz dry hop and no finings=hazy beer. I usually don't bother with clarity, unless I'm serving it to people that care (parties/weddings). Your lady did an amazing job without any finings, I would be proud of mine to just not complain about me brewing. Well done sir!

MrNickVT said:
They didn't have the peach cobbler on their list. Maybe I was just looking at their yellow flight list and didn't see it. I tried granola though lol

I'm reading it from the web, I'm sure that changes pretty often. I don't see anything granola on their site, sounds interesting.

Channel66 said:

My clearest creation. No cold crash or filtering but I threw a whirlfloc in the boil.

The outdoor picture is the same beer in different light.

image-4090824643.jpg

image-2904448667.jpg

Founders Dirty Bastard growler, fyi if you ever visit Founders dont eat the Devil Dancer sandwich, dont get me wrong it was effin delicious and very hot......very hot. Lets just say I paid for it yesterday lol

The devil dance sandwich is my wife and my favorite ;-)

Haha, sorry man, this is as clear as it gets for me

3.5oz dry hop and no finings=hazy beer. I usually don't bother with clarity, unless I'm serving it to people that care (parties/weddings). Your lady did an amazing job without any finings, I would be proud of mine to just not complain about me brewing. Well done sir!

I usually don't get worked up over clarity either, but she was proud of herself. I've got some sour non wheat Belgians that have been bulk aging for 16-24 months, if I were to cold crash them I'd imagine they would be about as clear as possible. I told her she opened a can of worms.

My Bloody Beer cleared really well for having actual tomato puree in it

I'm impressed

My clearest creation. No cold crash or filtering but I threw a whirlfloc in the boil.

The outdoor picture is the same beer in different light.

Nice work!

Impressive. Most impressive.
My kolsch is my clearest to date (the it of haze you see is condensation)

image.jpg

Channel66 said:

Nicely done!

Here's the best picture I have of my DIPA that kicked last week. You can clearly see the logo on the reverse side of the glass. The little bit of haze is condensation on the glass. I kept wiping the glass before I took the picture, but it just reformed immediately. Not bad clarity for 17 oz of hops in a 5 gallon batch. 4 of which were dry hops. And then I recharged the keg after a few more weeks with 2 more ounces making it 19 oz total for this batch. Just Whirfloc and cold crash.

image-2111016546.jpg

Water... We are not allowed to drink here... December can't get here soon enough, I have a few batches that will be ready when I get home!

Nicely done!

Here's the best picture I have of my DIPA that kicked last week. You can clearly see the logo on the reverse side of the glass. The little bit of haze is condensation on the glass. I kept wiping the glass before I took the picture, but it just reformed immediately. Not bad clarity for 17 oz of hops in a 5 gallon batch. 4 of which were dry hops. And then I recharged the keg after a few more weeks with 2 more ounces making it 19 oz total for this batch. Just Whirfloc and cold crash.

Very impressive for a pale ale, unreal for a DIPA!

I'm over the clarity kick for a bit. I challenged her back. Make a beer with this much flavor.

20130605_185352_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Cascade/Citra IPA. 4oz of each. "Straight gangsta ipa" caps are a pic of our new years party/****show.

drainbamage said:
Just mowed the lawn, now drinking an Ayinger Celebrator.

That's a lawnmower beer, right? :mug:

Just got done doing the same. Debating but think I will have a cigar and a blonde.

EDIT: back to clarity, what you see there is a shed about 70'-80' away.

image-3230365608.jpg

Ridire said:
Just got done doing the same. Debating but think I will have a cigar and a blonde.

EDIT: back to clarity, what you see there is a shed about 70'-80' away.

Just had a jai alai and a cigar while watching someone grill. Ahhhh vacation

Back