What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0990.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg
HB Belgian Single. My LHBS was out of Candi Syrup so I was forced to make my own (used one of the wife's empty wine bottles to keep it). Took a bit of time, but I have enough for two batches at a fraction of the cost. I guess I need to decide what my time is worth though. 🙂

That's an awesome label! Is that going to be a thing going forward?
Thanks! Designed mostly by my wife for the 12 Beers of Christmas 2023 swap so she'll be tickled to know you like it. She saw the labels from a couple of the participants and told me I couldn't ship beer using the crappy little labels I use for my "at home" beers. I'll probably use it for beers I plan to share.🍻

Thanks! Designed mostly by my wife for the 12 Beers of Christmas 2023 swap so she'll be tickled to know you like it. She saw the labels from a couple of the participants and told me I couldn't ship beer using the crappy little labels I use for my "at home" beers. I'll probably use it for beers I plan to share.🍻
My regards to Mrs. Rish. It's good stuff.

Apparently fixed the clog in the smoked Porter keg. It’s pouring foamy, but at least it’s pouring. It’s really dark, lol. Despite the celery (?) aroma, it’s has a chocolate-roast-smoke taste that makes up for it.View attachment 840807
Any idea what the culprit was? Had a keg of pils do that to me last Spring. Tore apart the faucet, twice. Like you, I broke down the keg and rebuilt it (posts and poppets were nice and clean) but it still wouldn't pour. Did that twice more and it remarkably started pouring as though nothing had happened.

Still scratching my head about that one. By chance, was your keg a Torpedo keg?

The only thing I learned from that episode is that ascorbic acid is brilliant at protecting your beer.

Last edited:
Any idea what the culprit was? Had a keg of pils do that to me last Spring. Tore apart the faucet, twice. Like you, I broke down the keg and rebuilt it (posts and poppets were nice and clean) but it still wouldn't pour. Did that twice more and it remarkably started pouring as though nothing had happened.

Still scratching my head about that one. By chance, was your keg a Torpedo keg?

The only thing I learned from that episode is that ascorbic acid is brilliant at protecting your beer.
I think it had a lot of particulate, like maybe I hadn't cold-crashed it enough before kegging. It also sat on the floor of the garage for 4-5 months before I could get it on gas and chilled, so maybe something else was going on? Either way, it's fine and I look forward to some normal pours, or bottling it out this next week.

Today I’m drinking, er I WAS drinking a couple Golden Road Brewing, Los Angeles IPAs. Golden Road is well known for easy drinking beers, but I’m really not liking these two low ABV entries.

Both beers pour virtually lifeless, virtually no fizz, I’d guess maybe around 1 volume or less CO2. No head, no lacing. Quality Control, Line 5!

Flavor on “Ride On” West Coast 7.0% ABV IPA is a little footy to my taste buds, and 7.2% ABV “Ride On” Tropical is virtually undrinkable to me.

So I say if you are driving around looking for IPAs you “Ride On” to the next brewery, these two are a little rough around the edges. Gee, I have two more Golden Roads to do tomorrow, great. It’s my 35th continuous day of evaluating IPA’s. I call ‘em as I see ‘em….

IMG_6815.jpeg
IMG_6836.jpeg
IMG_6824.jpeg

Last edited:
This beer is so ****ing bomb man. If you love Nelson, this is the beer. Fidens hands down win the triple game, almost to the point that I think someone needs to test the abv lolView attachment 840856

That looks absolutely delicious. They don't distribute here, but I'll be visiting upstate NY in the spring, so I'll look for it.

Latest posts

Back