What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yummy
IMG_1617.jpeg

Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with a different attitude in life. I'm seeing too many signs of my health degrading yet again and the shingles is the final straw for me.

I've decided to go back on the Keto and Intermittent fasting diet which worked so well for me losing 60lbs and feeling SO much better 2yrs ago.

Last time this happened I know there were concerns when no one heard from me so I'd thought I say something this time around when you don't see me post anything. Take care y'all and see you on the flip side! 🍻
Best of luck! I hope yours is a brief and very successful absence.

Last edited:
Oxidized...Hot beer ....kkkkkkkkkk
It's very much not oxidised- or, at least, is not oxidised to any degree substantial enough to materially affect the flavour.

I suspect it's slightly grey look in the photo a product of reflection from blue outdoor table it's on. Suffice to say it looks pale yellow indoors, as it should.

Decemberfest Day 24, the end of the road. Seems like I’ve been on the beer treadmill all month, which I have! I hope you all have a great Christmas or whatever holiday you are celebrating. I’m going to be taking a few days off before re-tooling in anticipation of January. I hope you have enjoyed reading about the beer Advent Calendar beers as I’ve had drinking them! Again, thanks to my daughters for scraping together the nickels to provide the “Big Cardboard Box of Joy!”

What better way to finish off Decemberfest 2023 in style but with a 5.4% ABV Festmärzen from Ettl Brau GmbH & Co. KG, located in Teisnach, Germany. Their Teisnacher 1543 appears to pay homage to their 1543 establishment date. Teisnacher 1543 is a naturtrüb beer, meaning it is expected to be a touch cloudy or unfiltered. Personally, I’ve brewed a ton of Märzens, and the preferred 6 month lagering time always seems to perfectly clarify the beer. My homebrew Märzens nearly always pour crystal clear, and this one also looks pretty clear. Because of this, I’m not really understanding this unfiltered naturtrüb thing with respect to a Märzen, they almost always pour with excellent clarity. Unless you shook it up that is!

Taste is what you would expect, delicious Autumn/Winter weather Märzen beer. Malty, big and beautiful, Märzens are prime beer, and a great way to wrap up this private BeerFest I’ve been having all month. Eins.. Zwei.. Drei………. Prost!

IMG_6309.jpeg

Decemberfest Day 24, the end of the road. Seems like I’ve been on the beer treadmill all month, which I have! I hope you all have a great Christmas or whatever holiday you are celebrating. I’m going to be taking a few days off before re-tooling in anticipation of January. I hope you have enjoyed reading about the beer Advent Calendar beers as I’ve had drinking them! Again, thanks to my daughters for scraping together the nickels to provide the “Big Cardboard Box of Joy!”

What better way to finish off Decemberfest 2023 in style but with a 5.4% ABV Festmärzen from Ettl Brau GmbH & Co. KG, located in Teisnach, Germany. Their Teisnacher 1543 appears to pay homage to their 1543 establishment date. Teisnacher 1543 is a naturtrüb beer, meaning it is expected to be a touch cloudy or unfiltered. Personally, I’ve brewed a ton of Märzens, and the preferred 6 month lagering time always seems to perfectly clarify the beer. My homebrew Märzens nearly always pour crystal clear, and this one also looks pretty clear. Because of this, I’m not really understanding this unfiltered naturtrüb thing with respect to a Märzen, they almost always pour with excellent clarity. Unless you shook it up that is!

Taste is what you would expect, delicious Autumn/Winter weather Märzen beer. Malty, big and beautiful, Märzens are prime beer, and a great way to wrap up this private BeerFest I’ve been having all month. Eins.. Zwei.. Drei………. Prost!

View attachment 837380

Thanks for sharing your month-long beer journey. I spotted a few I need to seek out, and get out of my same-old same-old rut.

View attachment 837380
Really enjoy your reviews, thanks again for putting in the time.

Latest posts

Back