What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically I guess this is a pastry stout, but at 7%! Milk stout conditomed on double stuffed chocolate cookie sandwiches.

@pshankstar excited for your thoughts on the Veil stouts!

View attachment 837184
I was excited when I saw it. I’ve had a couple Hornswagglers before. The original with no adjuncts, the double peanut butter, the maple coconut and the baked apple pie.
I do love Oreos so I may need to crack it open tonight or this weekend.

I was excited when I saw it. I’ve had a couple Hornswagglers before. The original with no adjuncts, the double peanut butter, the maple coconut and the baked apple pie.
I do love Oreos so I may need to crack it open tonight or this weekend.
No rush! But I am curious about your thoughts on Sleeping Forever. It wasn’t quite for me but reminded me of other very popular stouts so I thought it was a good share. Maple coconut stout sounds like my idea of heaven.

No rush! But I am curious about your thoughts on Sleeping Forever. It wasn’t quite for me but reminded me of other very popular stouts so I thought it was a good share. Maple coconut stout sounds like my idea of heaven.
I had Sleeping Forever once back in 2021 and loved it. Looking back at Untappd I felt it was even better with some age. I might do the same with that can but drink Hornswaggler soon.
It was the Sleeping Forever can that made your offer #1 in my mind. 🤤

12BOC23 Belgian Quad from 4_Sons_Brewing. It's good!
IMG_20231222_173443.jpg

Well, it’s December 22, we’re in the 4th Turn of the Decemberfest Advent Calendar box. Black Forest beer by Kraftbierwerkstatt, since 2014 is a terrific dark lager. It’s a Schwwarzbier me thinketh. Doesn’t exactly SAY that, but that’s what it seems to me. Dark Coffee notes, clean lager presentation, 5.7% ABV, 16 IBU, great head, and interesting Zebra stripe lacing.

The lady on the can is all tatted up, showing the difference between a circa 1040 – 2000’s brew and one of today. Tatted up beer flexing women, ‘them ladies are everywhere….! Well, I’m a little old school, I like my ink on the page and my beer by the Krug!

Kraftbierkerkstatt UG, Böblingen, Germany. Prost!

View attachment 837172View attachment 837173
I love a good Schwarzbier 🙂

Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with a different attitude in life. I'm seeing too many signs of my health degrading yet again and the shingles is the final straw for me.

I've decided to go back on the Keto and Intermittent fasting diet which worked so well for me losing 60lbs and feeling SO much better 2yrs ago.

Last time this happened I know there were concerns when no one heard from me so I'd thought I say something this time around when you don't see me post anything. Take care y'all and see you on the flip side! 🍻

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with a different attitude in life. I'm seeing too many signs of my health degrading, yet again and the shingles is the final straw for me.

I've decided to go back on the Keto and Intermittent fasting diet which worked so well for me losing 60lbs and feeling SO much better 2yrs ago.

Last time I know there were concerns when no one heard from me so I'd thought I say something this time around when you don't see me post anything. Take care y'all and see you on the flip side! 🍻
Still lots of fun things to do on this website, keep the faith!

Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with a different attitude in life. I'm seeing too many signs of my health degrading, yet again and the shingles is the final straw for me.

Last time I know there were concerns when no one heard from me so I'd thought I say something this time around when you don't see me post anything. Take care y'all and see you on the flip side! 🍻
Kick butt TP!!!!!!

December 23, wow, I’m near the end of this German beer Gauntlet. That’s OK though, I recharge very quickly, and today we have a great tasting UrHell by Klosterbrauerei Alderbach, Since 1268.

Aldersbach UrHell clocks in at 5.1% ABV, small head and minimal lacing. A clean Helles, lacks some of that breadiness and body of other Helles beers I’ve been drinking recently. I’d call this more of a Golder Lager if I was typing the styles. Beers called UrHell are the Helles Good Stuff!

This little bit of winter sunshine is brewed by Brauerei Aldersbach Frhr. V. Arentin GmbH & Co., KG, Aldersbach, Germany. Prost!

IMG_6305.jpeg

Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with a different attitude in life. I'm seeing too many signs of my health degrading yet again and the shingles is the final straw for me.

Last time this happened I know there were concerns when no one heard from me so I'd thought I say something this time around when you don't see me post anything. Take care y'all and see you on the flip side! 🍻
Hops+water= hopwater it’s a health drink.
Be well, friend!

Get yourself better, soon. And don't drop off the map -- keep us posted on your journey to better health!

Kick that shingles' azz!

Good luck, and may the pounds fall off.

The kidney is out, so I’m drinking water out of this awesome new stein they gave me. I hope I get to keep it and put Panther Piss in it.View attachment 837100
I’ve enjoyed a few nice beers in Portland, but I’m really eager to get home to some decent mild and UK brown Maybe two or three weeks.

Hope this makes sense. I’m on drugs.
Hope you get better soon, praying for you.

Back