What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^--- 2023 winner of most authentic glassware

Apple brandy barrel quad from @pshankstar
PXL_20231013_005624037.MP.jpg

Much rather grab a Firestone Walker mixed pack from the grocery store than take a chance on overpriced whatever at local bottle shop. I like to support local shops, but drink too much beer to go every week. A shop in Raleigh is selling Trillium for almost $8/can 🤨

Planning a split-batch brew tomorrow. Half a west coast pilsner, half modern west coast IPA. Got my mits on some supposedly very piney Simcoe. Haven’t tasted that in a few years.

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

A bit of Northern brown straight off the fermenter. Curious to see how this one develops, it’s a style that I’ve struggled with for a long time. New recipe, so high hopes.
59C524B5-DF8A-4A07-AA21-A45269817EF6.jpeg

Edit: wiped the slobber and sweat off my phone’s lens and took a better picture. I’m so disgusting.

Last edited:
Cherry Kolsch. Needs to carbonate a little more.

I brewed ten gallons of Kolsch, half of it with tart cherries. The other half will be with raspberries from Roy's garden.
Love tart cherries. Brewed many Quads and tried sweet and tart. Tart>sweet for sure.

Long long week. 1 more day. Solar eclipse around noon tomorrow here. A precursor for April's full eclipse.

PXL_20231014_004744941.PORTRAIT.jpg

Cherry Kolsch. Needs to carbonate a little more.

I brewed ten gallons of Kolsch, half of it with tart cherries. The other half will be with raspberries from Roy's garden.
It's beautiful and it makes Germans angry, what else could you wish for in a beer? ;)

You’re so spoiled in Mass! ☺️ Missed out on Vitamin Sea on my visit last summer. Love versions of Mettle i’ve tried.
Trillium’s core beers are my favorite neipa, love the relative dryness & sometimes bitterness.
You would love this one. Kettle Charge is very similar to Mettle. I love the head brewer at Vitamin. They opened a couple of satellite spots around Boston this summer. I didn't get a chance to visit them tho. The main site is in an industrial site but it does have a surfer reggae vibe. Plus the head brewer is always there. There's is trillium and Widowmaker close by plus treehouse a bit over the bridge. I won't need to brush my teeth after drinking that. Hopsssssss

Love tart cherries. Brewed many Quads and tried sweet and tart. Tart>sweet for sure.

Long long week. 1 more day. Solar eclipse around noon tomorrow here. A precursor for April's full eclipse.

View attachment 831510
Gonna rain tomorrow where I'm at so wont get a chance at the eclipse, hoping for better conditions in april.

Sounds right up my alley. Hopefully visit my college buddy again next summer & get to visit.
I messed up past summer, wanted to visit Treehouse in Tewksbury due to proximity & having only been there once.
Appreciate the advice!

You would love this one. Kettle Charge is very similar to Mettle. I love the head brewer at Vitamin. They opened a couple of satellite spots around Boston this summer. I didn't get a chance to visit them tho. The main site is in an industrial site but it does have a surfer reggae vibe. Plus the head brewer is always there. There's is trillium and Widowmaker close by plus treehouse a bit over the bridge. I won't need to brush my teeth after drinking that. Hopsssssss

Latest posts

Back