What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB wcipa

IMG_3254.jpeg

Having a quick victory drink at my dad’s after hanging and skinning my pronghorn antelope buck. Colorado primitive muzzleloader season. The reason for my username is because during the fall and winter, on the weekends, you’ll often find me dressed in camouflage hunting some kind of critter. I will have to butcher and freeze tomorrow.
IMG_1327.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg
…and everyone gets to see my ugly mug. 🤪

Here’s a nice and pleasant Czech Dark Lager I think you’ll dig. Nothing out of place here, just one solid delicious gulp after another. Produced by Pivovar Sampson, since 1795, this is a 2019 World Beer Awards Gold winner. Super drinkable!

An elegant dark beer for sure, 4.5% ABV, low IBU’s, Medium carbonation, half finger of head and decent lacing. Water from a 274 m deep well.

Pivovar Sampson had the good sense to ship this in 16.9 oz, 500 ml bottles to satisfy the thirst of your typical drinker that would buy Pivovar Samspon here in the States. Message not received on the green glass though. I thought it was brown glass when I bought this due to the dark beer inside. Beer somehow survived non-skunked, but……………..

Guys, it is really risky shipping beer in green glass. You know this, why do I have to beat this drum continually? This isn’t the Groovy 1970’s when people only bought European beer in green glass. You have a lot of experienced drinkers now, show us, and show your product some respect. DARK BROWN glass or better yet, 500 ml CANS please! You aren’t selling more in “green” glass … You’re selling LESS!!!

IMG_5331.jpeg

Blasphemy! Wickles are pickles and pepper relishes (which my wife loves) made by a company in Dadeville, AL. So odd when I saw it I had to try it.This Hi-Wire sour is brewed with Wickles pickle brine, pineapple and jalapenos. Actually, pretty tasty; a little pickle, a little jalapeno heat. 5% abv. A good lawnmower beer, imo.
IMG_20230924_183331402.jpg

Latest posts

Back