What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20221122_020756335.PORTRAIT.jpg

No toothache just novacaine.
IMG_20221121_215644.jpg
IMG_20221121_201704.jpg

This was too interesting to leave behind. Not a fan of adjuncts. Left it on the deck and 36° but guessing the coconut and milk clumped up a bit. It is coquito. I wouldn't say it's a beer. It's not a roasty stout but it's a coconut creamy dessert. I'm a fan. I'd throw some coffee liquor in it.
IMG_20221121_220125.jpg
IMG_20221121_220156.jpg

View attachment 791999I’m not familiar with bourbon whiskey but figured why not try now and support local. Bought the Black Button a while back and it’s running low. So I picked up the Iron Smoke to try something new.
I’m not experienced enough to pick out the differences yet and I’ll stick to making whiskey sours. 😬
Get some tasting glasses, lay out your bourbons and do a blind tasting. Have somebody else pour into the glasses so you don’t know which is which while you are tasting them. Start by going up and down and just smelling each one. Then take small tastes and have a few sips of water between each.

The photo below was our “under $20” category (at the time.) Believe it or not, Old Crow was the standout for me in that lineup. My wife preferred Jim Beam White Label. They are all different when you get them lined up like that. Just don’t go too fast or take too big drinks or they will all taste the same.

82AED84D-9B50-486D-91FB-A1B30F3B9C9F.jpeg

Finished delivering the wheat contract today and all I had to do was start the trucks and check the tires. My grandson is home for the weekend and he took both loads to town. The weather wasn’t nice today, snowed all morning. Whether it was the weather or folks taking the day before Thanksgiving off, he didn’t have to wait long either time.

HB Czech Lager.
384C4739-15FA-43FB-AC13-0595A45BED42.jpeg

Back