What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a Czech pils last night so had this after mashing in.
IMG_20240402_190251.jpg

Getting ready for the storm

Frosted Triple Shot Barrel Blend

Frosted Triple Shot Barrel BlendStout - Imperial​

9.7% ABV
Frosted Triple Shot Barrel Blend is an amplified version of Double Shot Barrel Blend, featuring one of our favorite seasonal house-roasted coffees, Frost, and a generous dose of freshly ground Madagascar vanilla beans. Pouring like liquid dark chocolate into the glass, the base beer shines with a balanced blend of baker’s chocolate, roasted coffee, and a hint of bourbon heat. With the addition of Frost, carrying well-rounded notes of dark chocolate and vanilla bean, along with the infusion of fresh vanilla bean, the beer becomes a wonderful showcase of roasty, creamy vanilla-bourbon goodness. Here at Tree House, we enjoy collaborating across different departments, often resulting in some of our most esteemed creations.
Less Info ▴

Wafflebanger - Breakfast BuffetIPA - Imperial​

8% ABV
Wafflebanger—Breakfast Buffet is a rendition of Wafflebanger featuring amplified additions of maple syrup, fresh banana, and a hint of blueberry. The idea for this beer originally came from the wonderful blueberry-forward notes of Mosaic hops, and the liquid in this can pushes the idea further! Pouring like gold into your glass, it carries all the notes of your favorite breakfast confections with a big hit of juicy hoppiness. If it sounds unusual, it is, but to our delight, it works remarkably well. We hope that you enjoy this little number as much as we do!

PXL_20240403_164738562.jpg

The wind has been stiff all day here be ready it’s a *****.
Add a little bit of hill elevation and this is what you get at 38°. Might get thunder too
PXL_20240403_232001853.jpg

Not sure I'll head north with all the snow. It's been warmer up there with sun. Mud season and lots of snow 😖

OT
PXL_20240404_001638375.jpg
PXL_20240404_001646820.jpg

View attachment 845656
No rush getting our above ground pool set up anytime soon, this is from this morning...

View attachment 845657

Drinking a LME Coopers lager with brew enhancer 3, more shelf time would probly make it more palatable but I got two fermenters of all grain bubbling away so need them bottles snappish.
1000006108.jpg

Yeah, Northern "spring" really is something. On the plus side it seems this last bout of wintery weather is just gonna last for a few days more then warmer weather is rolling in...

You have bragging rights about your temps, but not for long.🤣
Definitely no bragging rights on the eclipse. Looking like we'll be rained out.

@pshankstar look what showed up at our richy hippy dippy grocery store. I have to stay diligent. I know Equilibrium will show up time to time. Also picked up a nice looking imperial stout.

Great mouth feel but not a hop bomb. Oh, pool was 76. 2 degrees below my minimum.😢 (Ha)

PXL_20240404_220141483.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Well, you took impeccable notes, right?

Will you sell me that glass?
Haha! It cost me $120. 3 bottles of Westvleteren12, the glass and shipping. That was 8'ish years ago?

https://store.belgianshop.com/abbey-beers/222-westvleteren-12-xii-13l.html

More edits...
$58/beer and $51 for the glass and unknown shipping?!? What I would do is brew the clone which is pretty simple. Take a snapshot of the glass in high res and go to Zazzle and get a glass made with that jpg. YouTube has videos on how to do the gold leafing around the rim.

Last edited:
Haha! It cost me $120. 3 bottles of Westvleteren12, the glass and shipping. That was 8'ish years ago?

https://store.belgianshop.com/abbey-beers/222-westvleteren-12-xii-13l.html

More edits...
$58/beer and $51 for the glass and unknown shipping?!? What I would do is brew the clone which is pretty simple. Take a snapshot of the glass in high res and go to Zazzle and get a glass made with that jpg.
Cost me over $1000* but I got 12 bottles and 2 glasses.

* Most of that cost was two airline tickets from LAX to London, and several train rides, including travel under the channel and into Belgium. I still have one bottle left, being saved for the right occasion.

Cost me over $1000* but I got 12 bottles and 2 glasses.

* Most of that cost was two airline tickets from LAX to London, and several train rides, including travel under the channel and into Belgium. I still have one bottle left, being saved for the right occasion.
I brewed the clone a couple times. Spitting image if not better. Sounds like now is the time brother!

Reminds me I have to bottle/wax my quad this coming week. I wanted to brew/age a barleywine but haven't picked a recipe yet. Time flys...

Last edited:
Better?? Wow, sounds like you have a future as a monk!! :)
It's just Belgian Pils and Candi-180, WY3787 fermented at 76-78F. Whatever nobal hops to 26-28IBU and your favorite balanced chemistry. I like quads with more character so I add aromatic and Special -B to the mix. 🙏🙏😁

Back