What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A recently unearthed bottle of one of the first meads I ever made. Can’t find notes because I closed a homebrew shop and moved houses twice since then and probably have been through 3 computers - my best guess is this is from 2003-2004 timeframe and could be 20 years old. I remember this honey, the blue bottles and the pink shrink tops. All place it in that time. It is sweet, flowery, and has held up ridiculously well. I have 2 or 3 more after this.

View attachment 813924
Truly awesome! Thanks for the cool share. Oldest HB Mead was from 2 friends and it was gasoline fuel. 6yrs old I think.

HB Margarita

PXL_20230301_015754185.PORTRAIT.jpg

Truly awesome! Thanks for the cool share. Oldest HB Mead was from 2 friends and it was gasoline fuel. 6yrs old I think.

HB Margarita

View attachment 813927
Sucks that I have no notes for this. I remember this honey because it was really flowery and perfumy. At the time I just thought wildflower as I was totally new to mead. Tasting it now, I’m 99% sure its just clover. But this is the only (gallon) jar of clover honey I ever found that was this aromatic. I color code things, just what I do when I can. Pink shrinks = wildflower, green = clover etc. When I make IPA I use the green hop bottlecaps, American Flag caps for APA, etc to try to help me remember. I didn’t make that many meads and I haven’t bottled them in 750s since my earliest batches. I use beer bottles now. I know this was made during the time I had my store. And I closed the store in June 2004. So it was in the bottle before then.

Faak! my Huskers 😔... anyway a tall pour of 20%abv Lemoncello will fit the bill. This is Jack who was truly the BEST dog ever. He was so kind to all the grandkids when they were young. It's the owners of Pitbulls that Fukk them up. But cheers to great pups everywhere!

PXL_20230301_041006885.jpg

42CD6D7D-4D33-4D08-A8A2-8AE52783F2BA.jpeg
From left to right. #33, #52, Natural Flavors Pineapple & Just Fruit enjoyed after coaching the last basketball practice for my daughter’s team. Last game of the season is Saturday.
What a great season! I’ll be looking to see if we can still get some gym time to keep the girls playing. I really enjoy coaching. 👍🏽

BBF4A7DE-A6E4-4FA0-8FB2-30D7E12FA999.jpeg
B57BCBD5-FBB6-49FC-834D-27AD23350A9C.jpeg
Burning the midnight oil with the new job. Cracked open the OH beer to start and hopefully the Tin Barn is the last for tonight.
I want to wrap up this project and send it off to the European team for their review. This way I can maximize my time tomorrow if I need to make any adjustments.
Cheers!

First HB Imperial Sprucetip Porter with a nice amount of carb. I decided to bottle so I wouldn't have my only keg full of a 14% Porter! 🥴 Very happy with this one, and the harshness of the 'smoky/roasted' flavour is starting to mellow out. Just coffee / dark chocolate / sprucey goodness. Cheers!! :mug:

HB_Imperial_Sprucetip_Porter.jpg

Back