What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a Mikkeller it's alive, then green flash le freak on cask..le freak is so good on cask!
Igotsand

Funny name good beer;)

ForumRunner_20130414_221009.jpg

Just left a new micro brewery. They don't open officially until the end of the month, but they are really good. Their pail ale and their IPA were a really nice change. It's refreshing to have something with a nice flavor as opposed to just overly hopped. Anyone in the Pomona/ La Verne/ San Dimas/ Claremont area, this place is the best one around.

La Verne Brewing Co.

As soon as I can get some pics of their stuff, I'll post. Maybe next weekend.

Meddler grew on me. The sour dominates a bit, but as it fades, there is some chocolate and other malt character. Finished bottling with some bucket dregs from blonde sour with rhubarb and mosaic hops 'The Life of the Mind'. Tossed the bottle dregs from meddler in a funky bíere de garde that is over oaked and has a plasticy phenol going on.

free2scour said:
Actually the first time I have ever tried it. It's pretty good although I prefer my IPA's to be on the more bitter side. With that said, I would buy it again. After four Hop Notch, I'm finishing my last Southern Tier 2x IPA. That's what Sundays are for, heheheheheh.

Same here, first time. Smell is awesome but not the same in mouth. Balance is nice but as sell I prefer a little more on the bitter side. But for $8 sixers I will b drinking it!!!! I also been getting $10 four packs of G Night and deviant dales pounders. That's bitter cheers

20130415_141843_Hagrid_Ian.jpg

My drinking time will be limited and at odd times for awhile because I'm traveling 3+ hours a day between work and school. Stopped in to see swmbo before class.

I figured that my yeast vitality project could benefit from some independent research. Allagash black with lunch.

Incidentally this river in most of my pictures, (penobscot river, largest river in the state) is fed in its early branches by the allagash waterway network. Some beautiful country up there, it's nice here but nothing like the allagash.

I wish some more of my beer had done it's frisge time,I could use a few. Took some tools to my son to fix his car,brought his battery home to charge it the next couple days. Went to get spring water for my next brew,& exhaust broke. also,the VSS is shot,& it was running bad to start with. Now I gotta wait till tax money comes in to drive at all!...:(

I wish some more of my beer had done it's frisge time,I could use a few. Took some tools to my son to fix his car,brought his battery home to charge it the next couple days. Went to get spring water for my next brew,& exhaust broke. also,the VSS is shot,& it was running bad to start with. Now I gotta wait till tax money comes in to drive at all!...:(

Now thats a ****y day.

Drinking a kiwi express IPA, an all grain kit from NB. It's a pretty drinkable IPA in my opinion, not overly bitter.

I do not miss Wyoming spring. how's the Wind Festival? still running January 1st-December 31st? good choice on the beer though!

I never lived there, but the only good thing about driving across Wyoming was that it wasn't Montucky.

BOOOOM! I got lucky on this haul it's a two bottle limit so I got 2 swmbo got 2 and my non drinking neighbor got 2
Yipppppppy :)

Birra Moretti La Rossa... The wife picked it up, its a doppelbock. Really, really malty. I dig it. Its made by Heineken Italia, so its probably a BMC type beer over there. Either way, I enjoyed it.

La Rossa.jpg

Latest posts

Back