What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a nice side-by-side of @val214 HB Brett saisons. Almost the same beer it looks like. Just some hop differences so it should be a good comparison of Brett 6 months apart.

View attachment 364094

Unfortunately I realized after pouring that my nose isn't working its best today. The first iteration is definitely funkier, second version a bit fruitier. Really enjoying these and thanks again @val214 . Haven't had too much Brett beer so this is a fun experience

Nice! Glad you are enjoying those two brews. The first Brett had a combinations of Simcoe and Columbus hops. The First Brett batch 2 was brewed and dry hopped with mosaic hops so, you would have gotten more floral and Fruity notes. The dry hops and surely made a difference. The grain bill, hop schedule and yeast were al the same.

Cheers!

Time for a nice side-by-side of @val214 HB Brett saisons. Almost the same beer it looks like. Just some hop differences so it should be a good comparison of Brett 6 months apart.

View attachment 364094

Unfortunately I realized after pouring that my nose isn't working its best today. The first iteration is definitely funkier, second version a bit fruitier. Really enjoying these and thanks again @val214 . Haven't had too much Brett beer so this is a fun experience

Nice! Glad you are enjoying those two brews. The first Brett had a combinations of Simcoe and Columbus hops. The First Brett batch 2 was brewed and dry hopped with mosaic hops so, you would have gotten more floral and Fruity notes. The dry hops and surely made a difference. The grain bill, hop schedule and yeast were al the same.

Cheers!

First poor of my 2016 SummerNight Pale ale it's not quite ready to drink yet but it's still a dam fine drink. Don't think this keg will last long.

image.jpg

I'm gonna die. Had a margarita with dinner. Some exercise. And now a water. I'm gonna die.

Back to some Fat Tire to go with my $2.62 T-bone steak from the beef I had delivered today. I buy 1/4 of beef every year from a local grower, grass fed organic came in at $3.49 a pound this year and I have little to no waste because I use the bones to make stock. Cheap and tasty eats!

Back