What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally non-beer related: anyone ever have a natural fireplace converted to gas? Rough price? Mine is a bit complicated, but I'm just looking for ballpark.

It took me about $300 and a Saturday. If I had it to do over again it would take me $600 and I would have better looking fake logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Called up my local bottle shop. Asked if they have any BCBS just to see. Apparently bottles sold out in 45 minutes and the reserved taps for growlers sold out at 1pm. ridiculous.

Called up my local bottle shop. Asked if they have any BCBS just to see. Apparently bottles sold out in 45 minutes and the reserved taps for growlers sold out at 1pm. ridiculous.

At the biggest liquor store chain in my town they have it but are unwilling to sell it because it's not in there Computer system. They said Monday maybe Tuesday when the management comes back to work.

It took me about $300 and a Saturday. If I had it to do over again it would take me $600 and I would have better looking fake logs.

I can live with $500-$600. My house is a ranch with a basement, which sounds ideal for this. But the one romm that is on a slab is where the fireplace sits. Not sure how to run the gas under the skab...or if from outside, it would have to go under a stamped concrete sidewalk that crosses from my patio around the whole house.

I can live with $500-$600. My house is a ranch with a basement, which sounds ideal for this. But the one romm that is on a slab is where the fireplace sits. Not sure how to run the gas under the skab...or if from outside, it would have to go under a stamped concrete sidewalk that crosses from my patio around the whole house.

Run a line into the attic and drop it down the wall next to the fireplace. The gas line that is safe to do that with cost about a buck and a half a foot though

Run a line into the attic and drop it down the wall next to the fireplace. The gas line that is safe to do that with cost about a buck and a half a foot though

Same problem. Attic doesn't go over that room. However, there is a hollow wooden beam that runs from the attic to the chimney...I've run electric through it for a ceiling fan. I never thought about coming from above. Probably should have thought this through before renovating the kitchen...all roads to that room run through the kitchen.

Same problem. Attic doesn't go over that room. However, there is a hollow wooden beam that runs from the attic to the chimney...I've run electric through it for a ceiling fan. I never thought about coming from above. Probably should have thought this through before renovating the kitchen...all roads to that room run through the kitchen.

Just be glad you got your kitchen done my problem is I think about all the projects that I don't want to do until another project is done and nothing ever gets done. Well, I drink beer and stare at stuff.

I think I'm in deep ****. I closed the garage up and put space heaters in there so I could smoke a cigar. It worked great and I enjoyed that thing in comfort. I did not think about the fact that all the Christmas decorations...and the fake tree...were in there. My daughter went in the garage for something and came in b itching about the cigar smell (door has been open for hours). I'm guessing I will catch hell when the wife gets home.

Oops...

Struck out on BCBS :( Hopefully there will still be some tomorrow when I get home. Consolation prize at least for today.
View attachment 238681

They're not delivering to my stores until tomorrow or Monday due to our storm last week. Hopefully I don't strike out too as the overtime from last week is scheduled to fund some.

$25 for a 4 pack if BCBS....is that the going rate???

Yep. $6.50 for a single bottle and $25 for a 4 pack last year.

Having Imperial Red.

Attachments

• 1417215299079.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 56
And their reward: a thumping against the winner of the SEC Good Division.

Agreed.

But I love watching all the SEC talking heads go nuts and try to rationalize how / why GA or SC is a better team when mizzou wins the east two years in a row.

Near my real fire of course.

I like the real fire. But there is some issue with the flu that makes it stink up the whole house. I've been told that we need to raise the height on g he chimney. That's a bit more than $500 on an all brick home. Now, the fireplace is completely unused...I'd rather have gas than no fire.

I like the real fire. But there is some issue with the flu that makes it stink up the whole house. I've been told that we need to raise the height on g he chimney. That's a bit more than $500 on an all brick home. Now, the fireplace is completely unused...I'd rather have gas than no fire.

Gas is indeed better than no fire, I suppose. But I read that you have a ranch/one-story home. So, the chimney thing makes sense. I love burning wood. It's just the work that goes into sawing, splitting and stacking that sucks sometimes. And hauling wood inside the house.

Beer makes it all good.

Back