What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed a 3 gallon batch of Southern Tier's Creme Brulee stout. I did the primary in a 6 gal carboy and today I racked over lactose and vanilla beans into a 3 gal carboy. I'm drinking the excess that didn't fit into the secondary.

I think I will use this base beer for a future chocolate cherry imperial porter. So tasty.

Having some water after some celebratory brews. Very successful brewday today overshooting my efficiency expectations and getting 10gal of 1.155og wort that will be a ridiculous russian imperial stout. Hopefully the triple pitch of yeast can handle it...

That had to be a big grain bill. My RIS had a 30lb bill for a 5gal batch, but my efficiency suffered greatly.

Coffee.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388930693.379980.jpg

Coffee.
Still didn't feel well enough for a beer last night. Maybe tonight.

That had to be a big grain bill. My RIS had a 30lb bill for a 5gal batch, but my efficiency suffered greatly.

48lb grain bill for a 10gal batch. With recirculating the mash and fly sparging I got around 85% and was expecting around 70%. The 15gal mash kettle was almost overflowing, but now I know what the system can handle! I expect a massive fermentation blowoff.
On the coffee for now.

Wish I was drinking a beer right now.

Or brewing.

In the car headed to the last of the obligatory Christmas parties w a room full of in-laws I have nothing in common with.

Wheeeee....

Gravity sample of a milk stout I just kegged, Nice! and at 5.5% should be easy drinking.
I need to brew tomorrow or i'm risking my pipeline, going to setup today for the morning.

The smell of mashing grain is one of my all time favorite aromas.

That smell is one of my favorites as well. Also when adding the first charge of hops to the boil. I always stick my head over the kettle and take a good whiff in.

That smell is one of my favorites as well. Also when adding the first charge of hops to the boil. I always stick my head over the kettle and take a good whiff in.

Ditto this. I also huff my hops before tossing em in the kettle. Drinking some Mtn Dew now and will be dipping into some good beer in a little bit

Yes, yes. Love that.

Ditto this. I also huff my hops before tossing em in the kettle. Drinking some Mtn Dew now and will be dipping into some good beer in a little bit

Did that after separating out my Citra additions for the zombie dust clone I made yesterday. The hops I sniffed were the second half of the pound of pellets I had bought for the last time I made it, had a fair bit of powdered hops in the bottom and I think I got a schnoz-ful. Smelled great, but burned a bit and I was sneezing a bit. Maybe I should submit to the you know you are a homebrewer when you snort lines of hops.

Currently drinking a cup of tea at work.

B double E double R U N.... Beer run

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

You're not kidding, man. I have about 20 beers I'm not touching 'til at least next year. There comes a time every day that I want to drink one of 'em. Tempting. But I just don't want to do it.

Having my second water until the Niners' pre-game show comes on.

Bottling sample of my Citralicious IIPA. Came in at 1.013 for an ABV of 7.8%. Smells fantastic and tastes amazing. Can't wait for this to carb up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

1388955395360.jpg

Back