What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a few hours & a few hundred fixing the comp Friday morning. Ran around yesterday to the lhbs,food store,etc. Can't wait to get the oaked stout bottled up so I can use the BB to get some spring water for the vanilla porter.

Heading to my buddy's cabin he is building. Gonna start hanging some doors today and trim it next weekend. Not gonna have time to brew for a while. The weekend after that marks the beginning of deer rifle season here in Nebraska. That's a week long thing for me. Can't wait though.

Probably going on a bike ride. Gettin stuff done around the house Ive been procrastinating with. And making jalepeno beer chili. Kickin Hot Chili-from the Homebrewers Recipe Guide book. Was hoping to bottle my JAOM but it may not be quite ready,still waiting for a few rasions to drop. Depends how motivated and efficient I get today.

Just got home after a sunrise flounder wade fishing trip... Best fish in Galveston IMO.

Wish I could walk well enough to hunt deer again. I'm already missing shootin my 50 cal hawken rifle.

Muzzleloader season opened here yesterday. I always loved a sidelock over the modern inlines. I still have an old Huntsman, one of the first inlines.

Finished framing the brewery. Ordered SS sink and spray faucet along with SS table to hold kettles.

Drinking and football. I have 23 kegs of beer 20 gallons in fermenters and need to kill a few kegs.:D

Really? 23 kegs? Astonishing! :mug: I hope you have many friends. I would offer to help with your overstock, but I'm a thousand miles away.
I had planned to brew today. But the counter guy, scheduled for 9-12, showed at 2:30. Now I don't have enough time to re-assemble the kitchen, make dinner, and still brew. Well, there are plenty of cold, crappy days coming.

Really? 23 kegs? Astonishing! :mug: I hope you have many friends. I would offer to help with your overstock, but I'm a thousand miles away.
I had planned to brew today. But the counter guy, scheduled for 9-12, showed at 2:30. Now I don't have enough time to re-assemble the kitchen, make dinner, and still brew. Well, there are plenty of cold, crappy days coming.

We all have are crosses to bare, I can live with to much better then I could with too little.:D 5 kegs are in the lagering fridge so conditioning time is a good thing;)

I'm at work in the middle of god forsaken nowhere northern Alaska. Wishing I had a homebrew. Can't even have a BMC, it's a dry camp. Oh well next weekend I'll be home and I'll get all the brewing and beer drinking I can stand for two weeks.

Had a big brew day here in my garage/makeshift brewery with 3 other brewers yesterday. Plans for this weekend involve helping a buddy with some bathroom renovations in the house he just bought.

Flounder fishing again. Can't pass up the flounder in the middle.of the run!

ForumRunner_20131109_075526.jpg

On call for vascular surgery along with taking care of wife and 2 kids who are all throwing up...somehow I have been spared up to this point.

ballsy said:
On call for vascular surgery along with taking care of wife and 2 kids who are all throwing up...somehow I have been spared up to this point.
. Feeling for you man. That sucks, when my wife gets sick you know it's bad.

Im working on my Ultralight Air Plane, :ban:

Now that its cooled down here, its time to go flying especially since we have all 10 kegs full and aging with 3 of them on tap and 2 fermenters full too, to maintain the pipeline I figure I can only brew every 3 weeks now.

Cheers and Happy Flying! :mug:

This coming weekend is my work weekend, (I have a weird schedule).

I work tonight and tomorrow night, off Wed & Thurs, then work Friday through Monday night. (10pm to 8:30am)

Might brew Thursday but life is trying like hell to intervene.:(

Then I get Tuesday off, work Wed, Thur, and have a 4 day weekend off. Just try and stop me from brewing then! (insert big triple snicker with sound of gun cocking here)

pb

I ran a 60 amp circuit from the main breaker to my brew room. Here is a picture of my Brewtroller EHERMS panel powered up after a long slumber. I will clean up the wiring run once I complete a few more projects.

image-899580280.jpg

I'm going to be doing the same thing I've been doing almost every weekend when I don't brew, riding my bike. I'm training to do a ride up Mt. Haleakala in Maui. It will be 10000' of climbing. I'll be looking forward to a beer when I get back to the bottom.

Otherwise, I'm mostly a rainy day brewer for that reason even when I'm not training for a specific ride.

I've got 5 guys actively brewing at my house on a regular basis now. 2 of the guys have only 1 or 2 batches under their belts and haven't experienced the torture that is bottling yet. We'll be doing a group bottling of 3 or 4 batches. The hope is that with an assembly line setup we can get 3 batches done in about the time it takes me to do 1 by myself.

Looks decent here in Nebraska too. Maybe a little warmer than I would like but what can you do?

WileECoyote said:
Im working on my Ultralight Air Plane, :ban:

Now that its cooled down here, its time to go flying especially since we have all 10 kegs full and aging with 3 of them on tap and 2 fermenters full too, to maintain the pipeline I figure I can only brew every 3 weeks now.

Cheers and Happy Flying! :mug:

I hate you for so many reasons. All that beer and flying!! My college roommates (10yrs ago ssm collage in ontario) were aviation students and i went flying weekly.

I miss that. Lol!

Have fun man!!!!!

Probably working on my lil tuner that popped an alternator belt during the last snow storm. Front wheel drive ain't an easy quick fix. but I have 3 styles of beer in the pipeline with a 4th in primary. Tonight,it's on.:mug:

This weekend is only one small brewing item. And that is transferring my Pumpkin Ale #2 to a keg. Other than that I have a tasting for the food to be served at my wedding and a lot of beer or cider to drink and relax with.

Doing some tweaking to my new 15g brewing system.

Oh, and celebrating my 29th birthday and my son's 4th birthday. We're apparently having a party and I need to spend all day today and tomorrow morning cleaning the house and yard per the wife.

Funny how that works.

We're gonna go rock hunting today. I'm taking the wife out looking for "Pecos diamonds" , nice quartz crystals that come out of the sand after incredible windstorms like we've had twice this weekend..

Working on snowmobile trails. Cutting brush and putting up more signs

That sounds like fun.. SWMBO and I keep meaning to get over to one of the local clubs and help out, but it's been a really odd year..

Really looking forward to dusting off "Blue Thunder" and hitting the trails though.. :ban:

Ordered up the ingredients for my next batch, watching/playing with my 2 yr old son, cleaning and delabeling a bunch of bottles, figuring out what it will take to turn a back room in my basement into my brew room (will need to figure out how to get that past my SWMBO also).

Latest posts

Back