What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what 6 games?

Sorry for the late response, looks like one of each sport game and Sonic 2. Now if I can only locate the AC adapter. The Netgear one I tried will not power it up.

If you don't already have it, get Toe Jam and Earl. That game is addictive.

If I can get it to power up I will start looking for more games. And to think i was all excited too.

Transferred my "Floor Sweepin's Mild/Brown Ale/Ordinary Bitter" to the TAD bottles (very tasty) then worked on the LeMons race car.

Removed and re-installed the seat and belts to accommodate taller drivers...including putting the seat on sliders...sounds simple but when it is a safety related item it is always hard. Had to build the anti-submarine belt to move with the seat. 5" of fore-aft travel and elevation change of 4" over that distance. Now the freakishly tall new teammate can fit and I should be able to handle drivers as short as 5'5" without an additional seat pad.

Sitting in in an apartment my company rented in Oklahoma with no cable or Internet. Alone. Waiting for them to bring me dinner. Going on 11 hours with no food or vehicle. On beer #3. Trying to not be **** faced when they get back!

Going to the Big-E this weekend. Thursday night is brew night, though! Got 2 guys coming over. Gonna heat the garage up nice with all those burners.

Drinking Old Style in Chicago at Wrigley Field for their Oktoberfest. I think there's a game going on but my cubbies are again not showing anything this late in the season.

Saturday: 8 hours of coffee roasting=no time for brewing.

Sunday: Helping SWMBO sell her jewelry at a huge craft show in Augusta, GA=no time for brewing but "cha-ching!" maybe she will let me buy a 50 pound sack of pale malt

****e! I've got to bottle at some point

Drill weekend, so I'll be at the armory most of the weekend. Just ordered a new outdoor propane burner so I can get away from the electric stove in the kitchen, so it also depends on when that comes in. If it gets here next week, then hopefully I can brew up my IPA next weekend!

- Taking down one tent, pitching another for seam sealing.
- Dismantling an above ground pool for winter storage.
- Maybe beginning the process to clear out our attic.
- Motorcycle repair
- State Fair
- Gonna set up a BB gun range in the back yard and target shoot with my sons.
- Sleep. Maybe.

- Taking down one tent, pitching another for seam sealing.

That should be an easy one...just pull your zipper up. That'll seal the seam up pretty good. And for the love of all that is sacred, please, please, please do NOT post any pictures of the process!:D

Ok, ok. I know that was a weak joke, but I know that there were some of you out there that gave a slight chuckle!! Admit it!!

I'm going to be doing a mixture of dreading my dental appointment on Monday, and probably playing Amnesia 2.

You know, to help me relax.

Off to watch fat people gorge themselves on deep-fried-whatever (butter?) at the Big-E. Hopefully the lady friend lets me escape to the beer garden long enough to dull the pain.

Cleaned/repaired the IAC on my son's car,enjoyed drivin my lil tuner after all that. & drank some icebeer & vodka later while watchin Bonanza on youtube with my multi-handycapped son. Watchin my fermenters as well. 2/5G batches of IPA going at once for Halloween. Tryin to get my son to come over & drink some with me.

Change of plans. Stared at brake lights for 2 hours then turned around and went to a local brewery. I hate the Big-E with such a passion.

A friends anniversary party on Friday, and Flugtag on Saturday. Work on Sunday.

All in all a great weekend. Met an attractive lass on Friday night, have a date arranged for later this week. And on Saturday, picked up my share of group buy grain (at least I did something that is brewing related) and sat around eating all I can eat brisket and ribs and drinking while watching people throw their friends off a 30 foot platform into the Potomac. I really wish I had the time for a batch, but there is always a weeknight brew.

Helped my wife in the kitchen doin the heavy scrubbin on pots,pans & such. Cleaned bottles yesterday. Opened window & trained a fan from there to the fermenters when weather cooled down a couple days ago. Fermenters down to 69F again. 1st one caught cold weather last weekend;2nd one not so lucky. at least cool weather will aid in clean up & finishing fermentation a bit slower.
I also packaged up my old Red Baron capper as a freeby to a FL member in need. Hard times are hittin more of us. I've got a couple extra things,so I thought it'd be a christian thing to share.

I wish we could go with you! I always wanted to spend a week face-down in every tent!! And the food as well,since my dad's side is from upper Bavaria. My real grandpa was a cabinet maker. Real old world hand carved stuff. I'd love to "go back home".

Kegged the best bitter from Jamil's BCS.
Had friends over and drank down my kegs of American wheat which I dryhopped with citra and a nice malty british mild.

Oh, and yardwork. Livin the american dream

Finally have the garage and house stained. Its been raining off and on for the last 2 weeks. Also got some work done in the bush. I'm clearing an acre to plant a few apple trees and building a cabin out in the back 40.

Fixed my evap cooler again. If that hose leaks one more time this year , I'm shutting the water off to it and telling the family they have to deal with a warmer house. It's going to snow in 5 weeks. I'm not replacing the water line for 5 weeks.

I also fixed the bathtub drain.

Looking forward to bottling next week .

Little fly fishing. Last weekend of trout season in MN.

ForumRunner_20130923_164147.jpg

Last Sunday, which has turned into my brew day, I went golfing. 4 man scrabble in a corporate cup for work. I really missed sitting home with the kids, and brewing beer, both really like to help out. Oh well bottling Friday and another brew day this Sunday.

This coming Sunday will be two weeks in primary for my Cougar Country IPA. Time for 1st FG test. Dito for Maori IPA the following Wednesday. Lookin forward to taste sample as well!

Judo tournament for me and my 13 year old son. Can you teach me about pain management. My home brew is only a temporary fix.....ha.

Latest posts

Back