What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graduation parties Saturday and Sunday, cookout Monday.

One of the local breweries (Christian Moerlein) had a contest where they were giving away commemorative bottles off their new bottling line, and I won one. After probably 3 months, they're finally handing out the prizes this weekend. I'm hoping to have time to stop by the taproom Sunday. :fro:

That is the plan, just want to have a man cave where I can focus on the brewing in peace, simplicity, and comfort! I'll make a brew shed build one of these days I guess.

Best,

My wife would be thrilled with a place like that! It would keep my "beer stuff" outta the house/kitchen!!

Hey Jipper, what you fishing for? I just moved to CA and having a hard time getting any Stripers or sturg to my boat. Let me know if you want to go out with me sometime and show me the ropes here.

Looking forward to the river salmon opener in July when I'm going all in and know how to roll from my days in Oregon.

Best,

Fishing and watching the Sharks beat the Kings!

Graduation parties Saturday and Sunday, cookout Monday.

One of the local breweries (Christian Moerlein) had a contest where they were giving away commemorative bottles off their new bottling line, and I won one. After probably 3 months, they're finally handing out the prizes this weekend. I'm hoping to have time to stop by the taproom Sunday. :fro:
Nice. How'd you enter?

mtnagel said:
Nice. How'd you enter?

They had an entry form linked from their Facebook page. Actually, I said 3 months, but now that I think about it, they announced the 100 winners the night before Thanksgiving. The prizes were supposed to be awarded at Bockfest, but they had some delays. So, this is a long time in the works.

Being sick the last few days. Finally starting to feel better. (I'll spare you the nasty details) Either way, next on the list is to redesign the manifold in my MT. The whole toilet braid thing worked for a year, but its kinked and Wong stay in place. Time for a slotted copper manifold!

Eh, gotta wait till Austin delivers my bottles on Tuesday. Had planned to bottle one batch and cook off another, but the bottles did not arrive or get ordered by me on time, so I have to sit out the weekend coach. Worst part is I did not make any alternate plans either, so I am not smoking any meat, making any cheese or distilling any hot pepper sauce either. Oh well, stuff happens.

Wheelchair Bob

Sitting in the hospital scheduled for gall stone removal tomorrow the gall bladder removal on sunday.

Feel your pain had mine removed in 06 had swollen to the size of a grapefruit, I almost waited to long. Wife still bitches about that one.
Speedy recovery, I was able to drink a beer by the 3 day slept a lot.

I had a catastrophic failure on my pool liner. I had to dig into my brewing funds and pony up the money to buy a new liner and install it. Now its filling with water. I think it may take a few months to recoup the brewing fund.

Building a squirrel cage... yeah... weird, I know. We're rehabbing babies that were abandoned and it's about time to put them in a full-sized enclosure.

I may still sneak a quick brew in at some point since Monday's a holiday.

Golfed 18 today... Another 18 tomorrow... And another 18 on monday... 3 different courses... 3 friends and myself do it every memorial day weekend for the past 5 years.... the first year we did it my buddy hit the ball and his driver head went further then the ball.... The winner of the 3 days gets the club head as a trophey until the next year... I've never won it but after today I'm 2 strokes ahead

i"ll be doing a bunch of grill and smoking on the bbq. I need to start thinking of what I want to brew next for July 4th

Uuggghh! I wish I was brewing...

I have been spending a small amount of time looking for new brewing equipment though and I have all of the parts I need for my kegerator which is nice.

The days around here are slower than room temperature LME.

I fabricated a new mash tun manifold and sparge manifold:

Edit: I don't have a pic of the sparge manifold yet.

image-3192615165.jpg

image-4216559186.jpg

image-609178950.jpg

Yesterday, since it technically was part of the weekend, I was stripping down the interior of a car to prepare for a roll cage for our hopefully soon to be Le Mons racer. Gah, I collect too many expensive hobbies.

Finished the stupid squirrel cage... I feel I've earned some epic karma points for rehabbing these little bastards. Maybe the Gods will bless me with inspiration for an awesome Tree Rat Ale recipe when they're released.

1OcpN4l.jpg

Bulls Beers said:
How long will it take you to run a hundred miles? I checked what a hundred miles is around here. It's from Boston to Winnipesaukee near Laconia NH. That's a freakin haul...

I finished this one in 27 hours 47 minutes! It was a grudge event for me, it beat me in 2011 but not this time!

Continuing to tinker with my new single tier brew stand, every time I think I'm close to being done something trips me up. I'm almost ready to stain and poly then put the electronics back on.

Watching my mead (Metheglin) occupy my carboy(s) for the summer.:ban: As I sit back and contiune to drink out of the heathy pipeline/craft beer in the mean time. Life is good. And besides that,Ill do whatever the f I want to now. :) Well, in a more wise, conservative, $Economical, resposible manner, that is. Having my first child by the end of this year or beggining of next year will kinda do that to me.

Watching my mead occupy my carboy(s) for the summer.:ban: As I sit back and contiune to drink out of the heathy pipeline/craft beer in the mean time. Life is good. And besides that,Ill do whatever the f I want to now. :) Well, in a more wise, conservative, $Economical, resposible manner, that is. Having my first child will kinda do that to me.

Congrats!

Back