What are these glasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG_IBU_Bunghole

Reaction score
I received this set of glasses as a gift. Basicbrewing convinced me that glassware does have a significant effect on the character of beer, so I'd love to know how accurate these descriptions are:

Am Pilsner 15.25oz
English Stout 20oz
Belgian Ale 16.6oz
European Pub 20oz
Dutch Lager 23oz
UK Porter 14.75oz

IMAG0742.jpg

That's the set of Libby craft beer glasses Aldi's sells for $12.97 per set. I have a set myself,& wanna pick up three more sets to have four of each. Really nice glasses too!

The glass second from the right screams wheat beer to me, not so much "Dutch lager".

I googled "6 Piece Craft Beer Glass Set" and that glass was indeed identified as "wheat beer" and has an unfiltered wheat.
http://www.personalpubjax.com/shop/beerware/libbey-craft-brew-sampler-clear-beer-glass-set-6-piece/

The others in that set are called:
Classic (was Am) pilsner, English pub (was stout), Belgian Ale, craft (was European) pub glass, porter/stout (was UK porter), wheat beer

My wife wanted to keep the box to remember which was which. I was thinking about etching these instead and wanted to use accurate names. Now, I'm thinking about going by Aldi's after work tomorrow to get another set, too.

Latest posts

Back