What are some things you've built to help your brewing process?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_whit

Reaction score
Money's been tight lately, so I had to take a little time off from actually brewing. To keep me sane I've been building some things to make life easier, most recently a hop spider. Brewers can be pretty crafty fellows, so I was wondering what else you all have built/invented/rigged up to make brewing easier. Anyone care to share?

My most useful home-made tool in my opinion is my heat-stick. It's a 1500 water heater element that I have set on a timer so that my strike water is already hot when I wake up in the morning ready to brew. That, and it's also useful for speeding up the boil when I use it in conjunction with my propane burner. I'd be lost without it! Along with that, my stir plate and my own hop spider are my second favorites.

Stir plate for sure! havent been brewing long (started in late april) but I see more projects in the future :D

Latest posts

Back