What am I missing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggriffi

Reaction score
Just started kegging last week, so please bare with me. I know I need to have a "method" to clean my beer lines and I am considering something like this (http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2012/11/recirculating-draft-line-cleaning-build.html), but I keep reading about ball lock this, ball lock that, nothing for pin lock. I know there is one thread using pl's here but my question is: Why can't i use a ball lock on the pump end of the hose to my pin lock keg? Seems to me if the qd depresses the poppet it should flow through the hose to my keg, right? Am I missing something here?

As long as the fittings connect together it should work fine. typically people who have ball locks or pin locks put the same styles on everything so that everything they have is interchangeable. as long as you not trying to put a ball lock fitting on a pin lock post any way you come up with connecting your pump to what you're trying to clean will work out.

Back