what a great christmas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogue22

Reaction score
Hey guys, noob here from Cincinnati Ohio.

Well I offhandedly mentioned to my sister that I might like to try to homebrew at some point in my life and then quickly forgot about it. As I opened my xmas presents from her I was shocked to find an ale pail, red baron capper, recipie kit, siphon hose, and air lock.
Then from my parents I got The Joy Of Homebrewing which I've already read and quickly learned I needed some more gear.
Fortunately my Girlfriends father had a ton of stuff from making wine back in the day, and I picked up a carboy, hydrometer, bottle washer and drying rack, thermometer, and a few other things.
I thought that was a lot but now I realize I need even more! I fortunately have the Listermann Store very close by, the bank account on the other hand...

Needless to say, with my first batch happily bubbling away, I think this is going to be a long, very rewarding hobby.

Glad I found this site as I am learning much already about sanitization and different equipment, so thanks!

Ramble over.
:mug:

Welcome to HBT! This website is your best brewing resource, come back often! (Like you'll really have any choice, against your will you will be here for hours a day for the forseeable future) ;)

Well here it is, one year almost to the day since I started. Recently I switched to Kegging and bottling, have a keggerator, a designated lager fridge, and am looking to go all grain soon. More importantly, I just got a job at the local micro brewery! My hobby has definitely turned into and addict.... uh carreer!

Back