What’s your best homebrew upgrade under $100?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a side note, I also had one of my refrigerator controllers go south on me this year.

I believe this digital age we are in creates hundreds of opportunities for line voltage spikes to knock out semiconductors. On our computers most folks use line suppressors like APC backup battery units.

All our other sensitive digital circuitry goes commando around the place without good line conditioning. Dryers, coffee makers TV’s, everything holds a mini computer these days, waiting for the next voltage spike or brown-out to come knocking.
In this age we live in electronic things also made in China and several other countries to save on costs are not of the highest quality either. You get what you pay for. Sometimes not even that, my dad used to say.

I picked up a free old fridge + Inkbird ITC 1000, + heating cable = temp control for under $50.

Still money left over for a BIAB and some heavy duty pullies from Wilser.

Also add the giant whisk, too, although that may push it over $100 now, it's amazing.

Tapcooler, easy.
37186.jpg

Last edited:
Hop spider,regular $54 on sale for $25 free shipping, and no more tie up hop socks.

Pressure transfer kit from brewhardware.com

I was skeptical about the hoopla of oxygen-free transfers but the beer definitely benefits regardless of style.

Garden hose adapter for the faucet. Now I can use my immersion chiller for the yeast starter.

Latest posts

Back