Weyerbacher Autumnfest clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoALEia

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time posting. Love these forums. As the title of this thread suggests, I'm looking for a clone of weyerbacher's autumnfest. My google searches for a recipe have been nil. Has anyone ever tried to make this one? If not, any suggestions on another good octoberfest recipe I can try?

Cheers,

Joe :tank:

Let me know if you find something. Would love to clone it, but have no idea where to start.

Will do, I pretty much made up my own recipe based on the grains they say they use on their website (Munich & Vienna), and I looked up a couple of other octoberfest recipes and matched it as close as I could in Beersmith. It's in the primary as I type this. If it comes out good, I will post it.

I like the idea of calling an ale version of Oktoberfest bier an Autumnfest. That's neat. I might have to do that myself. I think, if fermented properly, US-05 can get pretty close to the same clean characteristic of something like Saflager 34/70. Just give it a few weeks cold conditioning and it should be pretty clean and clear. US-05 does tend to flocculate slow though.

Back