Well, that was quick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
Brewed 5 gal of mosaic IPA this morning and with the beer at 74 degrees, I pitched the yeast and put it in a 60 degree mini-fridge.....it's now about 6.5 hours later and I just took a look at it....about 1/8 inch of foam on the top and a blub through the air-lock about every thirty seconds......it should be going bat-**** by tomorrow morning.......

I'm still pretty new at this, and my prior attempts didn't kick off this quickly....they usually took 24-48 hours to start seeing activity......

yeah, sometimes i get active fermentation before i'm done cleaning the BK.......other times not until the morning....i pitch reused yeast cakes mostly though, so the equivlent of a big starter. What did you use to pitch?

yeah, sometimes i get active fermentation before i'm done cleaning the BK.......other times not until the morning....i pitch reused yeast cakes mostly though, so the equivlent of a big starter. What did you use to pitch?

It was a kit from Northern Brewer, came with US04 dry.....

Back