Welding regulator fit on a standard co2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered a hobart 140 mig welder and was wondering if its regulator fits directly to a normal beer co2 tank? I'd imagine that co2 tanks are all the same (besides for paintball), but why not ask?

We use standard CO2 tanks for our kegerators, nothing special so it will work with any 'ol CO2 fittings. However, the question is, did it ship with a CO2 regulator or is it an Argon Argon/CO2 mix reg? You can get a fitting to get an Argon reg to work with CO2; however, no company will recommend it as you can have issues with them freezing up.

Did some research and the 140 does not come with co2 reg. You can buy an adaptor, but Beniff is right, co2 will freeze the regulator if used at too high of a rate. Might as well buy a argon tank if it is similar to the cost of the adaptor. Guess I could just hook the hose directly to my regulator. Flux core will work fine for what I'm doing it just costs more than normal solid wire.

Latest posts

Back