Welcome Home, LeBron!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowden

Reaction score
<---- Akron native here (LeBron attended my afterprom!). All is forgiven. Bring us a championship!

"I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
"

Having lived in that area for 13 yrs (a while back) that is no small thing considering the weather in either Cleve or Akron. Guess the big BB paycheck will make up for it. Still, sounds like a mature, give back to the home town community Lebron and what's not to like about that. So I say, cool. :ban:

Meh, he's just a basketball player, who cares...

Normally I would 100% agree with you, and as far as his departure and recent return goes, I can definitely do without the hype and pomp and circumstance. However, from a civic perspective, he does spend a lot of time and money supporting great social programs. Although Cleveland/Akron have improved economically over the past decade, they are still Rust Belt cities through and through; having him here to lend a helping hand is a plus!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

The rust belt part is definitely disappearing over the last few years. Cities are getting several businesses to share the old auto plants & steel mills in the area. But the mall concept is dying & the stores they took away from small towns & suburbs are still suffering. So the rust belt bit has taken an interesting turn.
Anyway, 12,000 Cavs tickets just sold out in less than a day this weekend!:ban::mug:

Cleveland is making a huge comeback. Regardless of LeBron or Johnny Football. Cleveland is also rated as one of the top five best beer cities either in the US or the world. (Take that naysayers)

A lot of development has been coming towards Cleveland which is pretty cool.

Plus who knows? The Browns might just win the Super Bowl next year. The possibilities are endless.

Spurs fan here.
Spurs have 13 of 15 players returning and have given a qualifying offer for the 14th player. The only player not returning is Damion James who was on a 10-day contract at the end of the season. Yet James will get a championship ring, joining Dexter Pittman as the two players from the 2007 University of Texas team to win NBA championships. James' spot has been taken by Kyle Anderson the 30th pick in the draft.

That said Hoppin' Frog is superior to any brewery in Texas.
Akron should be proud.

Hoppin' Frog & Thirsty dog are both good. The Brew Kettle in strongsville has some darn good beers too. Besides Great Lakes & some others.

Hoppin' Frog & Thirsty dog are both good. The Brew Kettle in strongsville has some darn good beers too. Besides Great Lakes & some others.

If money grew on trees, I would drink White Rajah 'till the cows came home!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

You & me both! But to hell with trying to de-label them! I finally gave up.Victory beers labels come off quick & easy, almost as quick as Sam Adams, but no cast in logos.They even have a similar shape to SA's.

Back