Weizenbock with Pacman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock430

Reaction score
Figured this would be the best forum for my question/concern.

Brewed up a weizenbock last night, 8# wheat, 3# pale, 3# munich, 1/2# c120, 1/2# c60. Mashed at 153. Was going to use slurry from a hefe that I brewed. Was going to rack the hefe when I saw that it was infected. Luckily, I had some pacman growing up and pitched that instead.

I realize that the yeast is a huge part of any wheat beer, and it won't taste remotely close. But, will this be decent? I need someone to tell me everything will be okay!

Your beer will probably be great, but you won't have that clove/vanilla thing that comes out from a normal Weizenbock. However, yours will be very easy drinking, malty and smooth so don't sweat it. Better to have a slightly different beer that's still drinkable rather than an infected waste! How's the hefe doing?

Thanks guys, the hefe is delicious, kegged right away...pretty sure its a lacto infection, swapped out my chiller lines, so we'll see if that takes care of the issues.

Had one of these last night, only three days in the bottle, but the cap was loose, so I figured I'd pop it.

The taste is really good actually, I'll brew this one again for later in the year. Easy drinking, malty, and smooth like described by ghpeel is exactly it. Overall, pretty pleased. Thanks!

2 wk fermentation, and it held @ 1.020 after two checks...the yeast just tore through it.

Wow, 1.020 is rather high for that yeast. Could have gone a bit lower. Probably could have used a secondary which would have roused them up a bit. Weizenbock needs to age a bit to begin with. Hope it turns out well for you...

Back