Weird behavior with Brun Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysmithtx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When adding CaCl I get some really odd numbers. For example...

In image 1 I have added .3 gypsum and 1 CaCl and the adjusted water profile correctly shows 30.9 Calcium and 21.9 chloride. These are the totals from the column additions below.

Now in image 2 I have left the gypsum at .3 and have increased the CaCl to 2. The adjusted profile now shows Calcium at 68.1 but the columns total to 43.3 and the Chloride has jumped up to 87.8 and the column only shows 43.9.

What am I missing here?

brun1.jpg

brun2.jpg

I don't know what to tell you. I can't reproduce the result you display. Possibly that copy is corrupted? In addition, why are you still using an old version of the program? The newest version would have been sent to you if your email address is still accurate.

I don't know what to tell you. I can't reproduce the result you display. Possibly that copy is corrupted? In addition, why are you still using an old version of the program? The newest version would have been sent to you if your email address is still accurate.

Thanks Martin.

Old habits die hard. I usually just pull up the last brew that I did and rename it to the newest brew. I don't have to change much that way other than the grain bill and tweaking the salts. That worked great... until today. I did have version 4.2 that you sent but I just never loaded it up. And you are correct the problem does not appear in the new version.

I pulled up at least 4 previous brews using the old version and they all show the same weird problem.

Time to move everything over to the newest version.

Thank you for your time.

4.2 has a data manager built into it so that you can save each of your brews in that single program. That avoids having multiple copies of a large file taking up space on your computer.

Back