weekend plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilsojos

Reaction score
I've got a brew-filled weekend planned. Kegging NB phat tyre...first time kegging. And brewing NB Chinook IPA and Farmhouse Biere de Table. What's everyone else got going on brew wise?

I'm doing a redux of my first ever batch of homebrew. also going all grain for the first time ever with it. It's a texas amber that i quite enjoyed the first time around when i had nary a clue about what i was doing (never used a kit, never used another's recipe, just went face first into the pool hoping there was water in it).

Sunday, I plan on making another batch of my lemon tarragon hefe/saison hybrid because it's just that freakin' tasty.

Not much for this weekend. My Speckled Heifer is two weeks in the fermenter, and I want to give it another week before bottling. I may finally take the plunge and use the weekend to build a wort chiller, or else just buy one. I haven't decided if the measly $10-15 savings is worth the trouble of building it.

onipar said:
Not much for this weekend. My Speckled Heifer is two weeks in the fermenter, and I want to give it another week before bottling. I may finally take the plunge and use the weekend to build a wort chiller, or else just buy one. I haven't decided if the measly $10-15 savings is worth the trouble of building it.

I bought a 50' chiller from Grape, Grain and Bean off of eBay. I don't think I could have built it that cheap and it seems like a lot of work.

I am brewing a barley wine at Hopman's in Waterford, MI, and drinking some of my homebrew. They are giving everyone 50% off of their recipe to come brew there. Perfect time to make a super high gravity beer. MMMMMMM :mug:

I bought a 50' chiller from Grape, Grain and Bean off of eBay. I don't think I could have built it that cheap and it seems like a lot of work.

I'll take a look. I've got my eye on 25 footers, but if the 50 is close, I may just do that. Yeah, I'm thinking the amount of time and energy to make it (not to mention that it won't come out nearly as good) sort of cancels out the meager savings.

Shaneoco1981, awesome! I've been wanting to brew a barley wine but haven't yet.

onipar said:
I'll take a look. I've got my eye on 25 footers, but if the 50 is close, I may just do that. Yeah, I'm thinking the amount of time and energy to make it (not to mention that it won't come out nearly as good) sort of cancels out the meager savings.

Shaneoco1981, awesome! I've been wanting to brew a barley wine but haven't yet.

Here is the link but I don't think I paid that much...check eBay.

http://www.grapegrainandbeanstore.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=16183

I have an open fermentor, but not any cash for ingredients. So, I will be racking some cider to secondary, and trying to empty the kegerator.

Heating up mash in water as I type for this:

image-648796399.jpg

And going to add this halfway once fermentation slows down:
http://www.gingerpeople.com/ginger-confections/ginger-spread.html

Really looking forward to this one!

Attachments

• image-3243289710.jpg
    image-3243289710.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back