Wedding Reception Entrance Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearclaw215

Reaction score
So me, a few friends and the bride were at the bar and were trying to come up with a few ideas for the wedding party to enter to. The wedding party is made up of all close friends on both sides in our 20's, so we want to do something fun and out of the ordinary. Our best idea of coming in on the bouncy balls with handles was well, funny but terrible.

So anyone have any ideas to toss around? If they're funny all the better, but i think we don't want to go to crazy. Also cheezy and cliche are awesome too.

Soul Train style dance line.
Bride & groom riding double on horseback.
On stilts.
Singing "Play That Funky Music."
On roller skates.
Dressed as characters from your fav (or cult) movie; Star Wars, Avatar, etc...

I think the men coming in to taps with heads down and acting all somber would be funny, but I'm probably the only one. :D

A friend of mine had a movie themed wedding. Men came in to the Imperial Death March.

Dancing seems to be the popular thing to do for an entrance since it's something everyone can do, at least to some extent. It's hard to find something too crazy that everyone could do. Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming everyone! I approve of all these things and got a few good laughs, you guys are great!

This could be you!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398904747.871343.jpg

Sent from my kegerator

The slip n slide made me think of the risky business slide in and dance. Im sure all the guys coming in without pants would be spectacular

Without pants al la risky business is a great choice. You know what they say about homebrewers:

They all have big...
... expectations for spectacular wedding entrances.

A bit elaborate: Wizard of Oz theme.
Bride and groom pushed in riding in a hot air balloon basket ... Groom dressed like Professor Marvel/The Wizard of Oz ... bride dressed like Dorothy, carrying a small toto like dog even better.

Others in the wedding party could be some combination of the other three main characters, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow ... others would be cool as a platoon of the Wicked Witch’s guards ("Winkies") and some of the witch's flying monkeys.

Enter to a huge blast of dry-ice fog pushed into the door ahead of the basket with lights/lightening flashes ... and the chant/song that everyone remembers from the witch's guards, which is known as "March of the Winkies" or “We Love the Old One” ... and then changing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" about half way up the entry isle. (maybe even Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of that song.

The possibilities for characters and choreography for this are endless.

From the movie, here are the the witch's guards chanting “We Love the Old One” ...
http://youtu.be/nx8-J66yawM?t=27s

dorothy-gets-kidnapped-by-the-flying-monkeys-8.jpg

... a less elaborate idea ... a Hawaiian Luau ... traditional dress, hula grass skirts & coconut bras, flower leis and hair flowers for the girls ... a couple people carrying large, lit torches (a 6' staff with rope wrapped around the top 12", soaked in smokless or ultra pure Lamp oil), some people beating bongo/conga drums, ukelele player if you can get one. Kayak paddles. Someone blowing a conch shell at the entrance if you can find one.

Get drunk before you arrive and just do whatever comes naturally.

You could each do a different silly walk from the Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks sketch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back