WB-06 in a wheat IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingnuty

Reaction score
Okay, so I decided I wanted to brew a wheat ipa, and pitched the wb-06 because of what I heard about the high gravity. I used light unhopped LME and 1.5# briess wheat steeped for 18min. 1oz cascade (60min) 1oz columbus (30min) .5oz citra (15min) 1 oz dried tangerine peel (15min). I'm wondering 1.) How the flavors may turn out (it smells amazing) and if there are any strange flavors I might get? Is it really going to have a high floccuation and produce higher abv beer? I haven't upgraded to include a hydrometer yet. Lol.

High ABV - Depends entirely on what your OG was. I can't tell what that might be. What did you calculate? WB-06 can handle pretty high gravity beers, so that should not be a problem in an IPA.

High flocculation - Yes.

I've used WP-06 once, in the Brewer's Best witbier kit, and it gave good results. It should complement the wheat and citrus nicely.

Latest posts

Back