Watermelon Hefeweizen - BSU Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bottom-Side-Up

Reaction score
Here is the 5th label for a beer that we brewed for our cousin. She wanted something with watermelon in it. Here is what we came up with. Let us know what you think?

hefs melons 031511 normpng.jpg

@BSBrewer.....thanks, I laugh at this one everytime I see it. I hope everyone out there gets the joke. Did you happen to see what the boat was named?

maybe it's the chicken salad I just ate or the thought of a watermelon flavored beer but something just made me a little naseous. Ugh, I'm far from opposed to fruity beers but something about a watermelon beer...

how was it?... oh yeah I hate watermelon too so I'm prob pretty biased

@TomHanx.....I hear you about fruit beers in general...not what I want either, however with that said I am surprisingly a big fan of this. There is no doubt in your mind that first a foremost this is a hefeweizen....then at the very end there is a subtle melon flavor. Now this is probably due to the fact that the recipe calls for 4 oz of melon extract and we used less than half an ounce. Again all doubters have been pleasantly surprised.

Back