watering holes you've been to

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine2

Reaction score
Wife and I attended the Lynyrd Skynyrd Last of the Street Survivors final tour last night ( rained out rescheduled date) After dinner at Mc Alisters, we stopped next door at The Beer Hog in Pelham just a half mile from the Oak Mountain concert venue and I have to say we were very impressed by not only the taps but the packaged beer available. The beer jockeys Marcus and Goose were very educated in our choices , had some good conversation about live music. If anyone is in the downtown Birmingham Alabama area and looking for a good place to sit and enjoy some brews , this is a must stop.
Had a few but the ones that really caught our attention was a coconut porter called Last Snow ,they wouldn't allow a growler of it because of its limited (one keg) supply. the one I was able to get a 32 growler of though is called Candy Bar Pintripe(sp?) stout by Blue Pants ,a nitro delivered 8% stout that tastes to me like a good latte in beer form. Its a dessert beer for sure. another one we only tasted was called Xocaveza (choca-veza) that was based on a mexican hot chocolate and had a light back end of chili peppers.

Last edited:
Back