Wasted beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislehr

Reaction score
20 years ago, it was any drop of BMC that hit the ground at a party.
10 years ago, it was a half empty Guinness or bass at the end of a night.

Tonight.. it's the 4 gallons of Scotch Ale that I drank before it was mellow and smooth.

Left one growler for an extra 2 months, and now its awesome. When I was drinking it, I couldnt stand it at the time. :(

I just drank some of my belgian golden strong. (3 weeks fermented, 3 weeks secondary)

It would be a lot better in three months, but . . pipeline slack plus curiosity = drink it now.

It is not especially estery, it has sort of a "green bud" flavor (we all had our Haight-Ashbury days, right). Very clean and drinkable, though.

I'm drinking a beer right now that has been conditioning for almost 2 weeks now and it is much better than it was last week. Very very noticeable. I find though that I have a hard time keeping a good stock of beer without having to drink the green stuff. hehe

Made a pale Labor Day, almost 4 weeks in the primary then straight into the keg with a dry hop bag. Forced carbed for a week, so it was early Oct when I got the first taste and it had an odd off-flavor that was not nasty or anything, but just not my cup of brew. Unhooked that keg for a month. Just tapped that thing last week and it ranks as the top pale so far, has such a nice balance of bitterness, Cascade aroma and taste with strong malty backbone. The brew that followed (loose Cannon clone) has also transformed over the last week into the best one to date, especially the mango like aroma.

Back