Warning about keg king plastic abs taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jord4231

Reaction score
Hi every one
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents
I recently brought 6 plastic abs taps for my keezer build
With a budget I settled for the abs taps from keg king NOW I know I Know nothing like perlicks right? well these are a forward sealing tap and honestly they work great
There is not too many reviews on them some say they are fine some say they are crap

Well I say they are good BUT!
On my keezer I have soda not just beer.
The bourbon and coke ate the inner coating of chrome plating (found it in my drink) and have been drinking it for at least a month along with what I hope is copper plating speckles (hopfully not brass)
I was horrified
Funnily enough one of the other taps has had vanilla coke and cream soda through it with no looks of bad things happening

I called tap king and told them what had happened only after just a month or 2 and that I only brought the abs because I was worried about chrome plating and soda and that the sales guy originally said they where all plastic so it would be perfect for soda

SO be careful with soda in these taps or any chrome plated tap

What keg king are doing is sending me at no cost new shanks wich they are putting on the lath and removing all the "chrome and copper plating" on the inside to only leave the plastic abs and I must say there customer service is fantastic and providing a solution even better!

any one considering buying these taps for beer if your on a budget go for it for the money they are great they even come with a second spring and seal kit the second spring adjusts the tension on the tap if your prefer a more hard action on the tap

Ok guys just an update on this all of the taps are now unusable including beer tap not jist soda they are all flaking chrome plating in to my drinks
1 week later still no new shanks as promised by keg king and after 2 calls asking to talk to some one no call back will keep you updated but at this stage I just want a refund

Back