• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Mexico Wanted - Shameless Begging for Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephm

Reaction score
My husband is coming back this week from a ROUGH deployment someplace that rhymes with Smafrica. I've been trying to find a Blichmann conical on here the whole time he's been gone with no luck :smack:

Is there ANYONE that would like to sell one (for less than new :rockin:) so I can surprise him?

He sold his old plastic conical before he left, so we will be completely brew-less unless there's a wonderful great amazing person out there!!

As a bribe here's a pic of a kitten drinking beer :mug:
f70GE7B.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have one for sale. But my question is does it have to be a Blichmann or would something else do? Also, what size do you need? It'll help the process along for someone that does have one.

The reason I ask about not being Blichmann is that...well...this:
http://www.homebrewing.org/MiniBrew-Conical-Fermenters_c_189.html

Their 8 gallon model is less than half the cost of a Blichmann and holds a half gallon more. Just a thought!

:mug:

That one is the one he sold to another member of our homebrew group right before he left! :mug: We had some issues with it sealing and sanitation wise.

He's looking for something that can hold 10 gallon + batches, and another model would work. He just really really likes the blichmann and I showed him the MoreBeer ones as well!

blichmann, or blingmanns are expensive. Go for the lesser known guys, or maybe the SS bucket, as those are WAY cheaper and still give you plenty of the benefits of a conical seen here

And I like the kitten bribe, not too shameful.

Cheers

I hoping and praying you don't live in Clovis....... I just bought an SSbrewing 1/2 barrel Conical for 600. Like everyone says. Their totally worth it!!!

Don't get him a Blichmann. They're a horrible cheap design. I sold mine because it sucked. They add a huge bolt at the bottom of the cone that is used to attach the elbow that connects to the dump valve. It creates a shelf for the yeast to remain inside after dumping. The lid is a pain. You have to disassemble it and clean it every time. That is a pain, and you will break the orings all the time doing this. So that increases cost...

Trust me, for the cost of a USED crappy blichmann, you can buy http://www.ssbrewtech.com brand new!

You get WAY more for your money. With Blichmann you're paying for their cheap solutions and expensive name. Plus nothing about the blichmann model is sanitary. Even if you pay the $900 for a tri clover, you still attach it with a bolt... Stupid stupid design.

You might want to check out Brewhemoth, it's a larger conical but they are decently priced, and it's welded not threaded valves. I love mine, they only problem is they are kind of a pain to clean because the opening in the top is small.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I emailed that to the hubby and it looks like a winner.... :mug: brew on!
Don't get him a Blichmann. They're a horrible cheap design. I sold mine because it sucked. They add a huge bolt at the bottom of the cone that is used to attach the elbow that connects to the dump valve. It creates a shelf for the yeast to remain inside after dumping. The lid is a pain. You have to disassemble it and clean it every time. That is a pain, and you will break the orings all the time doing this. So that increases cost...

Trust me, for the cost of a USED crappy blichmann, you can buy http://www.ssbrewtech.com brand new!

You get WAY more for your money. With Blichmann you're paying for their cheap solutions and expensive name. Plus nothing about the blichmann model is sanitary. Even if you pay the $900 for a tri clover, you still attach it with a bolt... Stupid stupid design.

I'm president of the Curry Co Brew Crew....surprised there's a homebrew club.....never heard of it???? That's because the local paper REFUSES to do an article about us because it's BEER related!

I'm so not joking....

You mean Blowvis or ****CannonStan!!?? I just departed that depressing place in June to Denver. I use to work at the 73AMU. There's quite a few brewers out there. Let me know if you want to get in-touch with them!!

doesn't surprise me at all.. not one bit!! I went to one of your meetings at Fat boys and my buddy and I sat around waiting for people but we never saw anyone or heard anyone talking about beer.. I formed on down in Portalas called C.A.R.B (Craft Alliance of Roosevelt Brewers) but it never took off.. I was brewing with Justin down at the brewpub for a while.

I just bought a spike brewing conical and it is awesome. Definately worth checking out

Back